I'm very new to web development, and so far I'm teaching myself. I plan on enrolling in my local community college and entering the web developer AAS program, but want to know a lot of the basics before I do. I already have an associates, and a bachelors degree in Advertising & Public Relations but after I graduated in 2003 the market was so bad that I got into banking instead. I'm not liking where I'm at in my career currently so I want to try something new.

I have a pretty good grasp of HTML so far and starting to learn CSS. I have a couple of questions though to make sure I'm on the right path.

1- The programs that I believe I should know to start are HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Photoshop. I know Photoshop is more for web design, but I'd like to know it so I can put together my own portfolio once I start looking for a job. Is this a good base to start with?

2- I already know HTML pretty well, and learning CSS now, but is it OK to learn CSS and JavaScript at the same time as a beginner, or should I focus on CSS first and once I know that pretty well, start learning JS?

Thanks for any help you can give!