Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to your critical opinon

Hello guys,

We have recently finished a redesign of our e-commerce page and are eager to find out your opinion. There are several points we are particularly interested in:

1. Do you understand the purpose of the page
    2. Is it easy to form an opinion on the product and the offered service
    3. Do you find it intuitive going through the purchasing process.

Of course, pointing out anything else you feel is wrong is much appreciated.

Here is the link: http://www.thesocks.com

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by ParkinT; Jul 10, 2013 at 06:11. Reason: Added the link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I see one initial problem. You did not provide a URL.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link to the site: http://thesocks.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I think the site is quite ok, but there is defintely a field for development
    Here are my replies to your statements

1. I didn't get at first what your site is about. As for me, I thinks a word like 'buy socks' or 'purchase socks' should be added. The words in bold, I believe, should be made clickable to your other relevant pages. For example 'promotional offers' to a page with promooffers, or something like that.
    I'd suggest to add social network plugins on the right of the page not in the main body of it.
    Also I can suggest you making a slide show of pictures with socks ( now you have one - make them 3 or 4) that will add some dynamics to your page.
    You should definitely enhance and brighten up your promotions zone on the main page. As for me, now it's not eye-catching at all.
    Also I didn't find any meta descripition tag in your html code. Add it too, describing the advantages of your site.
    2. Think over what makes your service UNIQUE! I actually didn't catch the idea what's your difference from other services.
    3. Yeah, for me it's quite inituitive.

hope this helps!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great, but it is pretty slow
    Are you using Joomla as a backend?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the website looks very good only it doesnt look like a webshop

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, a favicon would be look professional.
    * I would make the homepage image at the top smaller so you can see the other things without scroll a lot.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my two cents:

In response to your first point: The purpose of the page is easily figured out but not 100%. User's don't want to have to work to understand what the page is about, i'd ( any many others) would much rather have the point spelled out for us in the case of "buy socks" or "purchase socks now". I am not very creative myself however, I don't personally like the addition of the orange circle to the homepage. It seems to be just plopped there.

From the logo and the images of the product, you can easily form an opinion. My opinion was that they are are smart/sophisticated (if they can be) socks.

With regards to the purchasing process, I would recommend improve the actual navigation to the purchase page. If people are searching throughout your website, the first place I would go is "our products", and I had to search quite hard to be able to find the link to purchase something. This hassle will no doubt put users off.

I do like your idea about sock subscription! Well done.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you made some changes since originally posting, but I had no difficulty in figuring out the purpose of the site. It was pretty straightforward with socks on home page, readily seen phrases like 'first time buying socks with us?' and 'socks delivered to your door' and seeing things like 'our products'.

The harder portion for me was the ordering process. It took me a couple minutes to find the real 'order' type page via a small link 'order your socks' on the products page. For me, when I see 'our products' I expect to easily see right away what options are and add them to the cart. Instead, there was an intro text, a sliding promotion thing that lets me add certain promotions to the cart, but no easily seen view into all products or options - that was accessed via the small order link. My understanding now is there is just a single product, and that page is where you order it and configure quantity and color.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the overall look of the website. The colors and main photo are very nice. Looks professional and honest.

Some feedback:
    I'm not sure I understand "combed cotton socks on outstanding prices". Maybe re-work that sentence? I guess your target marker is in Europe, but if you are looking for U.S. also, you might have to alter some of the text.
    The circle that says order socks in two mintues - I'm not sure I like that shade of orange. It is almost like a neon or spray paint. I Prefer the orange color where your feedback box is. I think the darker color would add more contrast to the white text also.
    I think the message you are going for is more upscale, quality socks, really comfortable. Play up on this more, really sell the socks as being comfotable and high quality - add testimonials, a quality guarantee, an online discount something like that. Just seeing the site doesn't make me feel like I need to buy these socks. Why not just go to a store? Why are these special?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say your site is clean and fast to download. Definitely an ideal business site. I think it would become better if you have social media links (i.e. FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest) included. But this is not a requirement if your business is not subscribed to those SM sites. It's for a customer engagement boost.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Thesocks,

Your website looks good. You need to add your logo at place of "favicon" of your website.

1. Yes, I understood the purpose of the page.
    2. Yes, It is easy to form an opinion on the product and the offered service.
    3. Yes, I find it intuitive going through the purchasing process.

Your website looks good. Keep up the good work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!
    I like the simplistic feel. It's very clean and not hard to navigate through. I would however want to see some more visual stuff, like maybe some webfonts or something. But hey, that's me. Also, the footer seems kinda weird. Is it supposed to have that white line underneath it?
    I think you have a good concept that works well, and I didn't have any problems on understanding what it was about.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all it's opening slow.You need to increase some more data on website.Content in website is not enough that could be cause of problem for users

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll echo what everyone else has been saying, the site is very slow to load! It seems like you're loading a lot of scripts, and your server doesn't seem to have a good first byte speed. I would say when coming to the site, it seems like a site with info about socks, not an e-commerce platform. From a sales standpoint, its hard to identify what sets you apart or why I should buy my socks from you instead of the mall. The color scheme is nice though and your pictures are good. Just rework your content! Good luck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am giving my review on different aspects such as technical, content, usability, look and feel and in terms of conversion optimization....
    1. Technical
    A. Your website has over all Google page speed score, some areas have space of improvement -such as

improve server response time
    Reduce blocking resources
    Inline Small JavaScript, Prefer asynchronous resources, Optimize the order of styles and scripts
    Minimize payload
    Enable compression, Combine images into CSS sprites, Optimize images, Serve scaled images, Minify JavaScript, Minify CSS, Minify HTML
    Leverage browser caching, Defer parsing of JavaScript, Specify a cache validator, Remove query strings from static resources, Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header

Optimization for Mobile Devices - Your site is not Good for mobile devices, it is greatest challenge I see

HTML and CSS Validation html and CSS are not validated

Content I feel quality of content is ok, there is no any challenge

Usability It could be improved

Look and feel - It is good, seems a brandable website

Conversion The overall objective from website is conversion, there is lots of scope and need for conversion optimization, using proper placement of call for action

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Yes, It is pretty clear, nice job.

2. No, you have to provide more information on this, because it seems like a site where u go and just order socks, nothing else to it, So if a person is looking for quality socks, he will not order your product to check it, He'll see the information you provided.

3. The Process is fine!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I like the page as well. Really straight and tidy. I would also recommend integrating some social media links. Especially to Pinterest! Generally you should start something on Pinterest, it may fit to your business. As you can read here about facts on social commerce, Pinterest and sites like Fab and Etsy become more and more important for food and fashion retailers.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesocks View Post
    Hello guys,

We have recently finished a redesign of our e-commerce page and are eager to find out your opinion. There are several points we are particularly interested in:

Of course, pointing out anything else you feel is wrong is much appreciated.

Here is the link: http://www.thesocks.com

Thanks everyone!
    This website made me chuckle. My first impression was that it was some parody site la Saturday Night Live. Really? Socks? It's not that it's weird to sell socks on the internet, it's weird that they have no particular brand to back up their quality or superiority. If they're so generic and common, why would I buy them online and pay shipping if I could just pick them up in the store?

I love your logo, the website is attractive, you just have to work on your branding to establish some sort of reason (real or perceived) why your socks are superior.

The biggest thing is the landing page photo, you need a better one. The socks look kind of sad and depressed, just flopped out, isolated on a white background. If you want a picture of the socks, maybe put them on a background: a stack of them on an ornate dresser, for example. Sort of like the picture you have of of the "elegant box". That looks better. You might also want to have a rotating photo, alternating between the product and pictures of people wearing the product. Imagine a businessman at the head of a boardroom, and his legs are crossed and you see a close-up crop of his ankle in a fancy shoe and he's wearing your socks. That sort of thing. Here are some examples of what I mean (not the best, but you get where I'm going):

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-pho...php?st=1ac714b

So aside from branding issues, I think the site looks great. Keep up the good work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi the socks..

Here are a few things I observed with your site.

1. The page loads slow at I.E. It loads pretty decent with chrome and firefox though.

2. Design wise, I like the overall design but i truly feel that the opt-in option is way out of place.

3. The font is way too small IMO.

4. Improve the navigation

Overall the design looks decent enough but would need to stand out IMO

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion.... Good looking clean site but make the home page font BIGGER !! The first page should "sock it the reader" pardon the pun, but you get my drift. The navigation is good, the content is good, the pictures in my view are quite ok, they look great quality socks, that's what your selling right! Other than that I reckon your doing well and good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert but I really like it. It's very clean and I've no problem navigating around.

I just bought 3 pairs of socks and found the payment system a breeze. My only gripe is that I would prefer single boxes when typing in the address, rather than one box. Google auto-fill failed on this one. Only a small issue.

Now looking forward to my socks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great use of extra features like the 'on sale' in the product view. Almsot bought some socks so obviously you did the job to pursued customers =)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site is awesome but i think if you mention price with every socks pair it would be more easy for customers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Yes, the website sells socks
    - At first it looks the company only sells 1 type of socks in various colors. There's no impression of the quality compare with other brands but assuming the quality is good since it is the only kind the company specializes. I was not aware of the fixed period delivery until during checkout.
    - Checkout process was a bit clumsy, I believe it can be done a little bit cleaner