SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to go live with my website very soon. I will be accepting credit cards, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to avoid chargebacks. Thanks!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think theres a real way to avoid them, other than too keep your customers happy
    Make sure that all goods get delivered on time and are good quality etc. If you do that then chargebacks shouldn't happen often

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds good, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good customer service, plus full disclosure of the terms before the person buys.
    http://www.trafficfind.com Traffic Find- link trading directory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way to avoid them. But you can try a few things:

- Consider limiting foreign charges. Charges from overseas, especially some areas, are better known for fraud than others.

- Depending on the kind of product/service you're going to sell don't go for instant online approval. Set your system/cart to just collect the info and securely send it to you.

- Following on the above point, review the orders personally (or have someone do it for you). That way you can see if the order makes sense. If you have any doubts contact the customer first to confirm thier order. People are very wary of online fraud so most won't mind confirmation.

These are just some thoughts that occur to me. I don't think there's anyway to totally avoid a charge back sooner or later.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!