Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website about ways to earn money online

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback on my site. It's the first site I've ever built and I've basically learned web design as I've gone along so I'm sure there's a lot I could have done better.

Any comments regarding design or usability, or just any suggestions you feel would be of use would be really appreciated.

http://www.ways2earn.com

Thanks in advance!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks great. How does it work though? Users can register and upload their content, am I right? You may want to have your footer in ligh color, not in black as you have it now.

Best reagds,
    <snip/>
    Last edited by Mittineague; Sep 29, 2013 at 23:35. Reason: Please wait until you get your signature for your links.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vorobei View Post
    Your site looks great. How does it work though? Users can register and upload their content, am I right? You may want to have your footer in ligh color, not in black as you have it now.

Best reagds,
    <snip/>
    Thank you! Yeah, that's exactly how it works, do you think it's obvious enough?

I've increased the lightness of the footer to #333 from #111 and I think it looks a bit better. I tried a couple of light colours but none of them really seemed to fit.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Sep 29, 2013 at 23:36. Reason: fixing quote

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks good but I think you used work on the logo and increase the height of your header....i think it will look cool
    No Project Posting...No Bidding. A Freelance site with different touch .... www.zumzzy.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prince11 View Post
    The site looks good but I think you used work on the logo and increase the height of your header....i think it will look cool
    Thanks! Yeah I agree, the logo is pretty rubbish. I think I'm going to get someone to design me one as it's not really my strong point

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search Bar is out of order

I observed that the search bar is out of order... and.. make your navigations a bit interactive..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your feedback. In what way is the search bar out of order? It seems to be working fine for me.

How do you mean make the navigations interactive - do you mean like drop down menus when you hover over them?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great information on your site here. I love this post because we can get some useful information.thanks for sharing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks really good, I assume its dynamic content? It's very well structured, informative and above all, quite useful.. Chances are I'll be reading some of those articles myself later . Well done, it's a really decent site, the layout is clean and it is easy to navigate through the menus and other parts of the site. The user interaction element is fantastci too! impressed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegreen22 View Post
    The site looks really good, I assume its dynamic content? It's very well structured, informative and above all, quite useful.. Chances are I'll be reading some of those articles myself later . Well done, it's a really decent site, the layout is clean and it is easy to navigate through the menus and other parts of the site. The user interaction element is fantastci too! impressed
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, I appreciate your comments! Yeah, it is all dynamic content btw

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi krab,

Good job.
    A couple of things:
    I don't understand what the favicon is.
    I don't like very much the blue red colours combination.
    The footer does not seem to be attached to the bottom.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nostronzo View Post
    Hi krab,

Good job.
    A couple of things:
    I don't understand what the favicon is.
    I don't like very much the blue red colours combination.
    The footer does not seem to be attached to the bottom.
    Thanks!

You're right the favicon isn't clear at all. It's actually a guy holding a big bag with a dollar sign on it but it looks more like a clock or something. I think I'll change it.
    I'm undecided whether the red works with the blue, but I couldn't find any other colour that worked (I'm not great at graphic design).
    The footer's not supposed to be attached to the bottom. There are a few pixels below it and a few pixels just above the header as well. This is because I wanted to give the impression of the white centre being a continuous canvas that runs from the top to the bottom, withe the header and footer overlapping it at the relevant points.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website is looking good and quite informative but the use of color red and pink doesn't match with your website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krabople View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback on my site. It's the first site I've ever built and I've basically learned web design as I've gone along so I'm sure there's a lot I could have done better.

Any comments regarding design or usability, or just any suggestions you feel would be of use would be really appreciated.

http://www.ways2earn.com

Thanks in advance!

Well your site does really look nice & updated from design & development prospective, it is really a good initiative. However, it could be much better provided you follow the guideline from search engine prospective, which is a part of SEO, where one need to customized the Title, Meta Description, Keywords, images for one's site, so that search engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL are aware of the facts & figure of your websites, regarding the services & products of your site & many more.
    Customizing your site from SEO prospective help you to rank your site higher in the search engine result page whenever, the user search for terms like " how to make money online" or "site for making money online" etc.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your site looks good, especially considering it is your first website. Just several notes - you should work on your logo a bit more. Now i can see that your logo background is not exactly the same color as the space surrounding it (i guess that was not the intention).The same problem with the color of your navigation bar (its in a bit darker blue). I guess the footer of your site could be black... but on the sidebars it should be in default color, in my opinion it would look better. I don't know why there is such a gap in your right sidebar between "Random picks" and "Recent article", but i think it should be smaller. If there is such possibility, you could put a widget to your sidebar connected to your facebook page (if you have one), lots of space there.