SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Resident OCD goofball! bronze trophy Serenarules's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Account assistance?

I have two accounts, this one (Serenarules) which is older, and my new one (Prophetware) which I was going to use for business related posting. Ok, now here's the scenario, I have more posts as Serenarules and more Reputation points as Prophetware. Both names were taken from my domain names of serenarules.com and prophetware.com. However serenarules.com is no longer in service. Is there a way to Merge the account into one? Is so, Prophetware is the one I want to use. Will this affect the "name" on posts currently listed as by Serenarules? Thanks in advance for any input at all, no matter the result.

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, we don't permit members to have more than one account anyway, so thank you for deciding which one you want to use.

It is possible to change your Serenarules username to Prophetware (meaning you keep the post count/reputation etc). To do this you will need to contact Nicky, our Community Director, and explain your reasons for wanting the name changed. You can email her at nicky@sitepoint.com.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering about this too. Although I like my current username, in a couple of years I might want to change it. Glad to hear this can be done.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by compuwhiz7
    I was wondering about this too. Although I like my current username, in a couple of years I might want to change it. Glad to hear this can be done.
    It's not quite what Saara meant.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Nicky, I sent you an email on this, did you get it? Basically what I want, though I'll take what I can get is to merge the two into the Prophetware account so that I retain Prophetware's reputation and Serenarules' postcount. Then I guess just go through the forum, if possible and replace the name on all posts by Serenarules with Prophetware. This second thing isn't as important. I changed the email address of Prophetware and never got the re-activate thing, even though the account was valid at the time. It's isn't now though, so you may also need to change that for me as well. The address it should use is prophet@prophetware.com, though, hehe, that's what serenerules is using...I'll let you handle it and then just tell me what you did.

The goal is, I want to stick with Prophetware without sacrificing my time as serenarules.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that, Nicky. I reckon I read Saz's post wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi yes I got it. I usually deal with admin on Mondays so will look at it then.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicky, since you are obviously busy and haven't gotten to this yet, I'll make it simpler for you. Just delete the Prophetware account. I'll keep using this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to ask Tom whether we can do what you are asking.