SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Please Review Our New Online Ticketing System

Hi sitepoint members,
    Yapsody
    (https://www.yapsody.com/) is a FREE online ticketing system for Event presenters.
    Here "Event Presenters can sell tickets" and "Fans can buy tickets" without paying extra fees.

We're looking for feedback on following things:-
    • Our new NO SERVICE FEE event and ticketing system.
    • Anyone here host events or have used similar systems in the past? and What are your opinions on our website?
    • What were some issues you've faced in the past in similar type of websites and Do you find those issues in Yapsody?
    • How is our marketing message and product offerings?

Thank you! We are looking forward for your comments and feedbacks.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Wow, pretty impressive. Usually I struggle to understand what a service like this is for, but in this case, it's pretty clear, so well done. I always like to have a video to view.

The only thing I can comment on to improve (and it's splitting hairs) is that the first page load was a little slow, so perhaps there's a way to improve performance a bit (gzipping?) But that's a minor thing, just for the sake of offering room for improvement. It wasn't painfully slow or anything.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ralph.m Thanks for your feedback.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your website very much.
    Especially it's responsiveness - good job!
    Also all the dynamic details that change on mouse hover make a very nice impression.

But I have one suggestion.
    Install some heatmap script and watch what users are clicking for a month or two.
    I am pretty sure they're clicking on these four modules "Post an event", "Setup Ticket Store", "Sell your Tickets" and "Scan Tickets". But clicking on these doesn't work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hii xaban,

Thanks for your feedback

We will surely consider your suggestion and Do appropriate changes after discussing it with our team.

Just let me know if you have anymore suggestions, it will help use to improve

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great ticking system.. can you advise me how to create a good design in developing a system.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thats pretty impressive, although i think there is a lot of information on the page, but that is just me.

good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yapsody,

First off, your site is beautiful. Whomever designed it is truly an artist. The site is fast, responsive and extremely easy to navigate.

I signed up for an account, created a profile, created an event, created tickets and played with the options for everything. Guess what, it works! I found it to be very easy to go through the entire process. I especially liked how it held my hand the entire way through, it made it a pleasure to use.

The ticket store pages are nicely laid out, and I like the different template options that I was able to choose from.

All in all, the level of customization is incredible.

I did run into four very minor "issues" that may need to be addressed.

1) /presenter/eventwizard#dates/328 - The new Performance Popup
    The "Doors Open" input does not allow me to enter an integer for the amount of hours before the event. Granted, it does accept input in the hh:mm format, but I feel that it would be easier if it was able to handle integers. Additionally, it would be nice if the input boxes told me what the expected format for the input should be.

2) /presenter/settings/location_mgmt - This page loads slowly compared to the rest of the pages. When I say slower, I mean like 800ms slower. Not really a big deal, but I did notice it.

3) The reporting is very detailed, but I feel that it could be easier to understand if there were short description as to what exactly they do.

4) I found it difficult to find the customer facing page. Maybe there should be a link at the top of the page in that black bar?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hii robertboblalas,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding advice related designing Developing system, We have a team of Designers who handle that thing.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hii IceOnFiire,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will discuss that thing about a lot of information on page with our team.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hii sheepguru,

Thanks for such a great review.

You have taken a great initiative and given a lot of time for doing a thorough review of "Yapsody"

We will surely consider issues you mentioned above and Do appropriate changes after discussing it with our team.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yapsody,

Not a problem If you would like me to take a look at anything else, let me know.