User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a quick peek at my website...Looking forward to your feedback

Hello everyone,

I recently started my own company and designed a website based on a joomla 2.5 template.
    I added some extra functionality with plugins and fonts and changed the layout and sections so I could add extra portfolio items.

It still needs some mobile phone debugging and I would be more then happy to receive your comments what can be improved. (or is good of course=)
    Regardless if its good or bad, other views and comments on your own work are always much appreciated.

Let me know your thoughts, ideas and or issues
    Thanks

Coen,

black-bike-media-logo-web-design-graphic-design-guelph.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good - first I though it was "parallex" design - but never mind. Good for smart phones and tablets.
    Bullet proof corporate website design services, tailored to your specific needs - Said by sticker baby

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking site. It does however take a little while to load on my iphone 5 LTE. It might have to do with the map because that wasn't showing up for a while and my phone is usually very quick.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I do have an issue with the map not showing or loading very slow on a mobile device.
    I'm trying to figure out where the bug is =)

SitePoint Evangelist WebMachine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks very good. I love the basic colour scheme. It's easy to navigate and you have kept it simple, with the focus on the services you are offering. I just have two suggestions - the poor contrast of the light grey text with a lighter grey background (example, the "About" page makes your content difficult to read (I would darken the text a bit) and maybe I missed it, but in your portfolio you have three sample (screenshots) websites but with no link to the actual site. If I were a potential client, I would want to not only see how the site's home page looks, but how the site functions.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hii Black_Bike,

- Your website looks great, very professional and very suitable for website designing company.
    - Font and Colors used are very good.
    - Images, Layout and design is very high quality
    - Logos you used to explain all your services at home page are very simple and yet very good looking.
    - Content on your website serves its purpose and It will help visitor to understand what your website is all about.

But, It will be better you would have added your portfolio as background showcase at the top at homepage.
    Because, that bike image gives impression that it is website that sell bikes

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Very good site. The purpose is clear and Overall I find the graphics appealing.
    I am tempted to procure your service.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My immediate reaction was... I trust this company. your site looks very professional. how are you marketing it?

SitePoint Zealot internetSurfer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your design design skills are impeccable.
    The color scheme is great as well as the layout.
    Much luck on your business venture.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

your website looks really professional, I can not think of a change to make it better!

Nicely done

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, Really appreciate your feedback and time to have a look at my websit!
    Have a nice day and if anybody would like to use my services, jump on the Black Bike and shoot me a message =)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    The only critique that I have is that it took a while to load. The layout is modern and responsive, and the scripts run together nicely. I am sort of concerned with how long it took to load, easpecially from my desktop. Most mobile customers are even slower, and it would take upwards of 10 seconds for it to lead for them. Otherwise, your customers will be very satisfied!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi andywhizwang,
    Thanks for your feedback. I didn't experience this on my desktop nor Android. I've been testing this on several computers with different connections speed.
    May I ask what connection you have so I can filter out some possibilities and try to optimize the speed.
    All the scripts are combined in GZIP, but maybe it's wise to combine the css into 1 stylesheet instead of 18.
    After checking 'Yslow, My site is rated C74 which isn't that bad....
    Any ideas for optimizing would be great!

Thanks again for your insights

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good looking and smart page. It will attract people.

SitePoint Enthusiast Dynamikemagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Graphic Page: "Below there isa good example how important branding is." Add a space between "is" and "a".
    2. Web Page: I recommend you change the color of the links. It will be hard to see by some viewers because the color of the links are close to the background.
    3. Links are hard to see on the "Packages" page. Same as above.
    4. Do not have have the testimonial page under the tab "About".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend that you can put some professional person pictures on the main page ..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

just something quick.

Useability for the main navigation.

I would have each title link to a page. You might not have a services page that has the 3 services listed but linking services to one of them or create a holding page for the services will make it easier for visitors. Especially if the users browser doesnt display the 3 additional links.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I notice is how slow the site is to load! You need to really have a faster loading site to compete.

The design is very good. It is simple and has this ease about it. I like how you utilize HTML 5 very well. The logo is quite exceptional too. I think you just need to fix the load speeds.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I notice is how slow the site is to load! You need to really have a faster loading site to compete.

The design is very good. It is simple and has this ease about it. I like how you utilize HTML 5 very well. The logo is quite exceptional too. I think you just need to fix the load speeds.