User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by M. James
    I hope Netscape isn't getting more picky than it already was...
    Apparently it is. And it isn't "picky" -- it's just plain defective. NS's HTML interpreter has been weak since 4.x; and now it appears to have gotten even less robust.

I spent an hour or so yesterday surfing sites at random, and it looks like there are going to be a huge number of sites, including major operations, who are going to be in for major rewrites if they're going to be compatible with NS6.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having problems with Netscape 6 and Java applets, I think I'll stick with IE and forget the unfortunate folks who use the Netscape products.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's definitely a problem with JAVA. Applets crawl, for one thing; and some very standard applets just don't run.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previous to this, my only experience with netscape was v4. I deleted it with in the first day of having it and never looked back. I decided to try 6, but I wasn't impressed at all Best stick to Opera, IE, or lynx, of course

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After waiting something over a week for a reply from Netscape concerning catastrophic installation problems, I am pleased to report that I have, at last, received an answer from them, as follows...
    Valued Netscape Customer,

We thank you for your inquiry and appreciate your patience. We are receiving a much greater than anticipated volume of interest and apologize for any delay in response that you may have encountered. We realize that you may have sought out other sources of support. If you continue to experience problems with Netscape please reply to this message with a brief synopsis of the problem as well as any new behavior you may have noticed from the problem. Upon receiving your response a Netscape technician will respond to your request in the order in which it was received.

Netscape Technical Support
    I'll leave you all to draw your own conclusions... lol.