SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Website Offering Public Profiles for Flippa and eBay Buyers and Sellers

We're interested in hearing from those of you who are active buyers and sellers on Flippa or eBay.

Aucsi.com provides free public profiles for online auction users. It's difficult to learn about who you're dealing with on Flippa or eBay, where user profiles are short and limited.

With Aucsi, buyers and sellers can create a profile that links to all of their social accounts, their website, recent auction, and full bio and user photo. We even offer ID verification to further promote trust in online auctions.

Please check out the site and let me know what you think of the design and features. We're very engaged and responsive to our beta users and work hard to improve the site.

Cheers!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The site looks quite nice. I admit, though, that it wasn't really clear to me what the site is for—or rather, how I would use it. Perhaps create some scenarios outlining how this would be useful in practice, such as a story of Jack selling something on Flippa or whatever. How does he use his profile on your site to enhance the process?

Also, with a service like this, it's good to be up front about who you are, where you are based etc. The About Us section has links to Terms of Use etc., but none of this is really 'about us'. Who are you? Where are you based? Tell us your story, as it seems like you are hiding a bit. If the site is all about transparency and having a trustworthy profile, make sure you set the example!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design is awesome looking, but I dont think it conveys the purpose and pricing very well.

Im not sure if I understand what you are selling. Does this give me a page that I would link to from my ebay listing so prospective buyers can see who I am? If so could you show this somehow with a screen shot? The screen show shown shows the profile, but not how the profile is useful.

Maybe the intro page could have a simple animation that shows the process and benefit.

Also, what does it cost? (whoops just went back to check I hadn't missed it and I had missed the fact that it is free) so perhaps this needs to be highlighted or explained how you will make money. It seems alike there might be a catch or some hidden charge if I want the full package at some later point.

Overall love the design and the idea, but think it needs to be explained a little better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the previous two comments. If it's for Flippa and eBay users, I would use those words in the introduction. Something, "we'll help you be more successful on eBay"

Would consider adjusting the border + gradient of the navigation bar and the shadow at the top of the white section. It's kind of distracting and calls my eye to them, rather than more important items on the page

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the concept and the website design is good and clean.

My only question is why do we need it? The current star rating system in ebay is sufficiently enough in my opinion. Maybe the "How it works" section can be more convincing and informational on why creating an additional profile would be necessary.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea!
    I have sold a couple of websites on Flippa myself and I think there is a demand for such features.

Usage of large quality photo of a man "en face" is a smart move. Should work well.

Consider making a short video (no more than 2 minutes, preferably 1 minute) explaining the purpose and main features of the service. It could boost your conversions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not sure about the design it seems a bit clunky, also if i just turned up on this site i wouldnt be sure what the website was intending to do.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Great feedback. Creating an "About" page now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron-mill View Post
    Design is awesome looking ...
    Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback. Very good advice!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freshnyc View Post
    I understand the concept and the website design is good and clean.

My only question is why do we need it? The current star rating system in ebay is sufficiently enough in my opinion. Maybe the "How it works" section can be more convincing and informational on why creating an additional profile would be necessary.
    Thank you, great points. I've made some much-needed changes to better explain the services.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design of the site, nice and clean - clear where you want the user to go..

This page had text that I thought would be links but there was no link - I could not find the answer to "What is Aucsi?" "What is the Ad fee?" etc. because of that
    http://aucsi.com/support.php

It is an interesting idea.. hope it works out for you! I am not sure how you will make much money at this if you are allowing free profiles.. third party advertising will not make much unless you have considerable numbers of hits.
    You may want to rethink the business model on that one!