User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C programming review

Hi ,

Today I finish my web page about C programming, and i host it on 000webhosting, I now it is free , but before I buy own hosting I need your opinion. biggrin.gif

Is it good design , content, pics , texture , programs , examples??...anything.
    What I need to change, and if you can put your grade from 1 to 10.
    -------------------------------------------

This is a page:

http://cprogramming.host22.com

-------------------------------------------

Thx to Apokalupsis on first review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For clarity and convenience, here is my review:

Not in any particular order:

1) There is some funky html there that ought to be styled via css IMO (your header nav list for example).

And while not always perfect, the W3C validation tool does come in handy at times to make sure there are no "obvious" mistakes.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...rvices#line-21

2) Also, you have the w3c certified image on the page, but it doesn't link to YOUR certification, which is the point of having it on the site (not sure if this was intentional or not). This may not be a design issue, but more of a customer issue.

Overall, I like the purpose of the site, but there are some issues that I would expect a "teacher" to have resolved so that trust can be established. It is almost like doing to an auto mechanic who always has a broken down car....doesn't instill a lot of confidence from the customer's perspective.

However, I guess this depends what your target audience is. Most people may not be as picky as designers so these issues may be overlooked.

So just from a customer perspective (and not technical or design), the purpose is interesting. I'm not a fan of the color scheme (too girly for me I guess).

3) I just noticed a weird error: http://cprogramming.host22.com/Pages...ers/char4.html

The navigation menu appears in an iframe at the bottom of that example page. Looks like it occurs at the bottom of every example's page. That's a deal breaker for both designer and customer probably.

4) Also, the "Wishlist" thing that says to post your favorite video, song, text, etc... seems out of place. 1) what is it for? 2) How is it related to learning C? 3) How is someone supposed to post that stuff?

5) If you are going to post code as examples, you may want to take a look at this article describing "best practices": http://www.sitepoint.com/best-practi...code-examples/
    ----

There seems to be some both design decision issues as well as technical issues. As a result, I can't rate it because from my perspective, it isn't finished yet. I commend the idea and encourage you to keep going with it, but I also think you need to work on the design as it isn't finished.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow , that is very good , better than I expected...

First, I now that the page isn't professional from design side,and I now that I can better. I do it all myself in one month, all programs , design .etc

I work for little money, and I want to have more certificate , and by that more chance to get better job as designer and...

W3schools certificate isn't linked, because I don't have it yet, so I have a "donate", which I want to gather 95$ or more for W3schools certificate , and everyone who donate can participate in creating my site from posting video, pics, or text , that can have relations with C language , but it can be what ever the want ( that is the wish list)...
    --------------
    I now that is plenty space in this area , and there is many thing that I must to learn , but I will buy domain , only that I can improve my knowledge, and work on my page.

Thank you , also anyone else can put reply...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I now that the page isn't professional from design side,and I now that I can better. I do it all myself in one month, all programs , design .etc

I work for little money, and I want to have more certificate , and by that more chance to get better job as designer and...
    Honestly, the page is not more professional yet to be release and compete for other better site that are already existed. But if I am to rate up to 10 then I will give 6 for this particular site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I used 000webhosting before too, they were fairly decent although I had a couple of issues with the PHP version they were using and they always seemed to go down for server maintenance at around 12-2 each day. Uploading by FTP then was impossible.

That said, I quite like the site, I usually like clean sites but the colour is quite nice. The little icon thing with the circles getting smaller is just plain ugly though I kept expecting it to tell me something was loading...

The categories fr the tutorials you have really need to be made clearer, give them subheadings or something to make them stand out. Just noticed the width of the page goes over the width of my browser too.

Keep up the good work though. The code samples are pretty decent

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi float,

Too much empty space above the header and under the footer imo.

I don't like/understand what that flash animation's purpose is.

There are several typos in your pages you should look into.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For clarity and convenience, here is my review:

Not in any particular order:
    • I like the overall look of the site. Nice flat look
    • NO need of flash animation
    • Too much space below footer
    • Same as in header
    • There are still lots of errors
    • Get your web certified
    • The code samples are pretty good

And at last I will suggest you only one thing : Focus on Content rather than Design