User Tag List

Thread: site suggetions

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

site suggetions

I am working on http://www.raghuwansh.com, a site about programming tutorials/examples, career, community matrimony about to launch. Your help is needed for suggetions about seo, better content.

Thanks
    Prahlad

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi prahlad,

You're using WordPress, which is a good choice regarding SEO.
    You just need to remember to use good plugins that enhance standard WP - like Yoast or All in One SEO.

Content is the hard part. But there are loads of blogs about blogging and online marketing - some of them really good.
    I suggest following problogger.com, copyblogger.com, kikolani.com, blog.kissmetrics.com.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is very good for SEO which has been proofed by millions of website admins, however, if you want a better page rank, you need to update your articles on your website, I see it was launched a month ago, but seldom update. To get the keywords ranked in the search engine, the first 2 to 3 months article update in wordpress is very essential.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you targeting from programming tutorials to matrimony? I think you must concentrate on 1-2 sector in the start

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the home page in empty. Like it won't bring me to look for more. Maybe you need to have menu bar on top for a quick access

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site looks good but content is an issue. Consider breaking up your large block of text to create space and increase scanability for your readers. People reading internet content have incredibly short attention spans. Using a headline between each paragraph also helps a great deal. Also, please be careful with your grammar. Poor grammar, such as failure to capitalize the word "Indian" in the second sentence, erodes your credibility and turns readers away immediately.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just wondering isn't this just a standard website template for WordPress? If i would make a website for IT-tutorials i would let that aspect come back in the background or in the wrapper.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I am not a fan of the site to be honest. Is it a theme that you're using? Perhaps there is an alternative one that has a bit more 'spice' involved. It is only my opinion after all but I jsut think it's a bit bland. I do liek the alternative to the capcha, those things are irritating at the best of times. The rest of the form could look a little better if the size of the boxes was changed slightly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't really much to comment on.
    If I am not mistaken that's a default wordpress theme.
    That "Download our toolbar" thingy feels like a fist in my eye.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site is too empty, not attractive. add images, colors..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prahlad View Post
    I am working on http://www.raghuwansh.com, a site about programming tutorials/examples, career, community matrimony about to launch. Your help is needed for suggetions about seo, better content.

Thanks
    Prahlad
    At very first I would like to give you suggestion regarding your site :

Your domain is not matching with the blog section of your site.
    Change the theme of your website, it looks so simple and not attractive.
    Modify the title tag of your website with meaningful sentence which will tell regarding what is your website is about.

These are the basic guideline which I have noticed while visiting your link.

Hence can you tell me why you have chosen this domain name because the content which you want to share with people is totally different from your site’s theme?
    SSLMatrix – Leading provider of SSL Security
    Buy RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate – Click Here

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack. Looks like a website built to spam.

Lots of whitespace, lots of texts and articles built of randomness. Not to mention the ads on the right hand side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not forget to install plugins security to protect your website from hacker attacks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And let's not forget about the mother of all protections: backup backup backup

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Prahlad,

First of all I would like to say that your technical articles seem great - very detailed, giving examples we can use; please write more !
    I have the following suggestion about the main page:
    Guide the visitor a little bit more about what is your site is offering. You put the 3 words "Blogs, Matrimony, Career" which is explaining a little bit what the website is about, but you could explain more. Blogs: you want to show how to do a blog, or are you writing about blogging on your site? Matrimony: you help people find a match, you give advice? Where do I have to click to find a spouse? Career: career counseling, career seek? Where do I find this? Then you give a long article about Raghuwansh, which is explaining why you name the website like this, but is not explaining what the website is going to do for the visitor. Maybe explain why you are showing this information about Raghuwansh, why you chose him to name your website (but before that, talked as much as possible about the visitor, about what you can do for him).

Hope this comment will be usefull; I wish your website all the best.

Vince