0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bowmanville Website Design

Hello everyone,
    can you give me your honest opinion of this website
    Bowmanville Website Design
    with one most important answer:
    would you buy website here (if you are looking for webdesigner)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well first your linking says "Bowmanville" and I don't see that in your site at all.
    Also, I like to see example prices before wasting time emailing someone that is asking way over the top prices and that might just harvest my email.
    But as the site, it is nice and clean, I don't care for the "Store" button as it's just the godaddy site...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the previous post. The main thing I see is that the 4 points you make don't tell me much about your capabilities. I hit "turn investment intro success", but you don't actually tell me how you do that. I would close the loop on each of these

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I like the design & layout. If I were in the market i would likely hit you up on your contact form. One small suggestion... on the home page and a few other areas try focusing on "shorter" intros. For example. "Enovations Designs is dedicated to building and redefining websites to effectively represent and communicate their company’s purpose while delivering
    a satisfying user experience." It simply too much. Condense those areas like that, that are wordy for web. As I'm sure you're aware... one of the challenges in writing good content outside of article based content is brevity. You'll always feel your having to sacrifice all that you "want" to say but discipline yourself to do so. Short, powerful snippets.

Best wishes.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think first impressions are very important for a website design company, and your homepage does give a good first impression.

I would suggest telling people right away if you only work with local people (those you can easily meet with face-to-face) or if you are practiced at communicating throughout the process with folks in distant regions. A quick testimonial to that effect would be golden.

Since you are a single person business (nothing against that, I am too), I suggest you get rid of the "About Us" page and instead put that info below the Portfolio example. My feeling is that it will be the portfolio that sells your service, and some bigger businesses may be leery of hiring a single-person design firm.

Quick thoughts:
    1) add a few categories to your portfolio organization. Like ecommerce, non-profit, medical, etc
    2) definitely do not link to that store page from your main menu, it makes your service look cheap and amateur. If you really need it, link it from some deeper page.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

1. Really like the theme you chose for the site design, but I must admit, it fails to deliver that "selling" message that someone should go with your services rather than someone else. Personally, I believe that wed design is an ultra competitive niche and finding ways to stand out is tricky now days. Try offering special deals right on the home page and make them REALLY STAND OUT, something like "1st TIME CUSTOMERS: 5 PAGE WEBSITE + 20 PAGES OF CONTENT + PERSONAL DOMAIN NAME STARTING FROM $99 (this is just an example, but you get the idea).

2. Add some case studies to your design, infographics cause people to spend time on your site and statistics are always a good selling point

3. Include contact info on home page, make your site fool proof, don't make the visitor have to search your site for information

4. Add Before/After section, those customers you showcase - give some more info about what you did for them (i.e. before and after pics, grew Site A's revenue by 30% after design implementation, etc)

Hope this helps....site looks real good but it's missing "THE SALE" of your service, its informative, but you're trying to get people to buy your service, not just read about it - main thing: ADD DEALS, PRICES, FREE Incentives, etc

Overall, you have potential, but I'd do some additional research on the sales pitch