Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wedding websites

Hello,
    please review my website I am looking for following things:
    - your overall first impression.
    - please report any language mistakes.
    - what you think about templates.
    - does my website load quickly enough on your browser (my server is in Europe)
    - what you think about idea of creating personal wedding websites.

url to my website: www.invitavi.com

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -your overall first impression.
    Okay site

No Language Mistakes

Template needs to be changed. Recommend using graphic design templates. Check out this Graphic Design Brisbane

Yes

As you have a wedding website, recommend to make it more attractive.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webill View Post
    Hello,
    please review my website I am looking for following things:

url to my website: www.invitavi.com

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

Nice work putting together the website. I think you're very close! My first impression, however, was that the design was a bit outdated. Kind of has a 1999 look and feel. If you eliminate the drop-shadows you'll immediately get a more modern look; "flat" designs are currently in, and timeless overall. Also, I suggest you update your fonts. Visit http://www.google.com/fonts/ and embed something a little cleaner and more modern. (Keep it sans-serif!) Finally, I would go a bit larger on your website as well. It's too narrow for 2013. And you MUST make it responsive. The modern bride uses mobile just as much (if not more than) desktop. If the website she buys from you doesn't look great on mobile, then you're not offering anything special.

I didn't notice any typos, although this line: "It is as easy as creating your wedding website and passing its Internet address to your guests" might read better simply referring to "Internet address" as "URL". Doesn't everyone know what that is by now?

My problem with the templates is they're not responsive. They're also not very attractive, but I just setup a similar type of website for a cousin who was getting married and this looks pretty much just like your competition (in other words, you're keeping up). Just work on making them usuable on mobile and you'll be a step ahead.

The sites loaded just fine. I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.

I think the idea of creating wedding websites is very viable. Weddings are a HUGE market that will never die. However, you're not offering anything more than the competition, and yet, you're charging for it. What?? The website I setup for my cousin (at theknot(dot)com) was completely entirely totally free. So you have to offer something of more value if you're going to charge for it: something (MUCH) more beautiful, something sleek on mobile, something with more services. Otherwise, you're not going to talk anyone into paying for what they can get for free.

Best of luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi..

A few things i noticed about your site.

1. It looks a bit outdated

2. Samples are really small

3. the heart backrounds makes it hard to read content

4. Super fast and very responsive

5. Pictures needs to be high in quality

6. Make sure to add link in when you can..Stuff like for free can have links on..Makes it easier for users

Abdell

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the people above who say that the template samples need to be bigger images and also that it looks a little dated (a little "Web 2.0" with the glossy buttons). Loads quickly (but I am also in Europe).

I think the information on the site is well thought through, but sometimes could be presented better. For instance: page with the price packages, a nice comparison of price tables would be a more attractive way to present the information. I personally think the price package information is too small. These are your selling points - you want to make them big and easy to look at with an obvious call to action button underneath each package.

These last two critiques are personal preferences only, so take them with a grain of salt. I'd like the front photo of the bride and groom to be better quality - it looks a little fuzzy and that gives me pause as to how professional the wedding templates will look. This could just be because I'm a graphic designer so I'm used to scrutinizing images, but that was my first impression. The other thing is that personally I think pink is a little overused. I realise you must be going for a feminine look, but I think you can use pink in a slightly lower key way but adding a few neutrals or a soft background colour or something. On the other hand, I don't know your target market well so I could be talking ********.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site is fast and has a good design but there are always things to do it better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My honest opinion is this:
    -guy on the main page should be replaced, this one is not fitting here.
    -you need more templates and my advice to you is to do really good planning of them.
    Because look of website is what will get you more sales.
    -Wedding website is great idea, love it. It is also easy for everyone who were guests of wedding to get images, videos post some notes etc.
    -My advice, create some more offers to include in website (plugins, upgrades etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pushkarawal View Post
    Your site is fast and has a good design but there are always things to do it better.
    Like....?

I don't understand how this helps the designer. It's not negative of course, but it isn't helpful either as it doesn't give any information whatsoever as to what ought to be reconsidered.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put lager pictures of the site, not too large about 50% bigger, it will give a "wow" factor !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks nice but simple and outdated. The logo and heart icon make me confuse and can't find the main thing.
    No
    I think you should make a new one. Change the text font as well as the logo and icons. You should make a large image slideshow or put more images and videos about wedding. You should publish the guestbook in the main site. The background is dark color will be better.
    No

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on your website.

I think the pink and the curly hearts are a bit out-dated and cliched though.

You could make the samples larger, and also have them cycle more slowly.

S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site loads very quickly from Sydney Australia. I am using Firefox.

A couple of comments from me.

I really like the idea, but I think you could make your design a bit more effective.

The curly font is a bit off putting and a bit school yard, I would prefer to see something that is sleeker.

Your pricing page does not have any info re currency. I also think there would be a neater way of displaying your packages without repeating the same information for each package. Each package has the same inclusions except for time, so this could be made much more simple.

I have to be honest and say that the templates you offer don't really appeal to me, they look a little old fashioned. I think people want less curly fluff and more clean looking sites.

An idea that I had was, could you offer another package that would include printed invitations?

Also, can this replace the need for a printed invitation and could you incorporate the facebook event manager into each wedsite?

Regards,

Aaron

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I would make the "Create website" button bigger and with a stronger color
    2. Can you move the navigation bar to the top. It's a bit distracting in the middle of the page.
    3. Is "what is a wedding website?" a question that people ask? If not, would delete this. And either way, would use samples/screen shots to show why you'd want one rather than using text to do so
    4. Same thing for "why Invitavi?". It's better to show than say.
    5. Make the footer full width of the page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert, but agree with most of what has been said. The 'Sample' images on the homepage are way too small.

There should also be an 'About Us' page . It's good for SEO purposes and gives the customer confidence in the service. You can add things like 'We've been in business for x amount of years' 'We strive to be No. 1' 'We're located in (enter address)' etc. etc. I'm not seeing any of this information on the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    System Used
    ===========
    Resolution 1366 x 768
    System Type: Laptop
    CPU: Intel Core i7
    Ram: 8 Gb
    Browser: Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m
    Language: Dutch
    Cable: 50 Mbit

General
    =======
    Loading: Website loading was pretty quick.
    So looking at the website it is a bit busy for me. I personally like it clean and without to many 'extras'. Non the less I do see a nice consistent design. Do like the sample image rotating on the left. It gives a good impression of what is possible.

Layout
    ======
    Looking at the layout i did see some points for improvement. The copyright bar at the bottom isn't stretching all the way across the page. It feels like it's a bug.
    The login button on the top is kind of small and can easily be missed. You should try to increase the size or make it more visible.

The Idea
    ========
    Not sure about the idea. I can't see myself creating a website like that as I do not know what the benefits are for me. What can a website be used for? In your "What is a wedding website" part you explain it has great possibilities but it is just no clear to me why.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, you can only learn and see things different from feedback,
    first impression....sorry but loose the purple, or at least play around with more colours so can get a nice and clear view when people hit your home.. Take a little advantage of white space and line-heights. Try to spread your page into a more vertical layout instead of cramping everything in a tiny box kind of layout. This makes it easier for people to ready your content.
    The loading time is very good, from Canada so no worries there.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its well done and there is need to some extra designs,
    Its my hope about your web site ... otherwise all is good.....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, you just need a modern design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    according to me
    -overall impression good
    -didn't found any mistakes
    -tamplates are awsome
    -yes,it loaded quickly in my browser
    -it's an good idea i liked the concept, and m sure it will work well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked the website, I have to say pink color it is usually means romantic and love, but it is no need to take pink color as the main color in the website design, the column at the bottom of the website should be the same with the bar on the top. The wedding site idea I think it is cool, but you need to try best to show loves and romantics things of the couples, inspire them to create their own wed site immediately. So the content and the template should be impressive with love. As for the loading speed, it was fast enough.
    Last edited by smartpixel; Sep 12, 2013 at 23:51. Reason: forgot something

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >> my first impression is so so. I prefer to see better quality images. Just because wedding is the event for best images.
    >> the content is ok. I don't see anyh language mistake
    >> the template is not really impressive. It should be expanded to whole green..and you should use more image on that.
    >> Yarh..the site load good.
    >> yarh..that's good idea. I support that.

Regards,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,
    I like the look and feel of your website. I reviewed you website from seo perspective.

1. Your Website is SEO Compliant and can be easily optimized.
    2. Need to improve the loading time of your website.
    3. Enough content is present on your website.

Congrats! you have come up with a good design.
    Last edited by Gurunath; Sep 20, 2013 at 04:19. Reason: spelling mistake

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design. I think the color matches the wedding stuffs . But it sort of slow. It did not load fast enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice collours , i like it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Idea to have this kinda web :
    I will rate first overall expression good (7 out of 10)
    Can’t find any kind of grammatical or spelling error
    Templates and color combinations are pretty good
    Excellent loading time (your web load time is less in my browser don’t know of others)
    I personally think your concept is amazing
    I have a suggestion for you
    Try to make good use of your sidebar areas. That's it.
    Best of luck !!!