Hi,

I have a detailed htaccess file which I was looking to edit. I made some changes to it and found that now changes were occuring ot my site. So I deleted the file outright and yet my site operates in completely the same way without the htaccess file.

The confusing thing is that I have to have the htaccess file built for the purposes I was looking to be done.

Code:
Options -Indexes
Options -MultiViews
Options +FollowSymLinks

# Prevent viewing of htaccess file
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
order allow,deny
deny from all
satisfy all
</Files>

# Disable directory listing from this point
Options -Indexes

# Error Pages
ErrorDocument 404 /404-error.php

# Rewrite Rules
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteRule ^products/product/([0-9]+)/(.*)$ products/product.php?product_id=$1 [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^products/(.*)/(.*)$ products/$1.php?product_id=$2 [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^products/nameproductscategorised/(.*)$ products/nameproductscategorised.php?linkname=$1&name=$1 [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^products/product/([0-9]+)/(.*)$ products/product.php?product_id=$1 [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^articles/article/([0-9]+)/(.*)$ articles/article.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^articles/articlesfiltered/([A-Za-z]+)/(.*)$ articles/articlesfiltered.php?articlecategory=$1 [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^plusstyle/plusstyle/([0-9]+)/(.*)$ plusstyle/plusstyle.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]
   RewriteRule ^plusstyle/plusstylesfiltered/([A-Za-z]+)/(.*)$ plusstyle/plusstylesfiltered.php?articlecategory=$1 [QSA,L]
     RewriteRule ^([a-z]+)/([a-z\-]+)$ /$1/$2.php [QSA,L]
	   RewriteRule ^products/roomproductscategorised/(.*)$ products/roomproductscategorised.php?room=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>