SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Website query

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Karkala, India
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Website query

    I am willing to change old to new design for a client website but i want to use same domain name which previous designer built the website but i am not able to get that domain as it already registered what is solution to get the same domain name and i need hosting service which i am comfortable with.

    Till now i have built website purchasing new domain and host.I am newer to redesign any help from you guys will be great.

  2. #2
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy
    Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,516
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Contact whomever has access to the original domain, and initiate a transfer to another registrar of your choice, such as namecheap.com or 1and1.com.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Karkala, India
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Doubt's in redesigning

    I have several questions out there

    There is a client i want to change the design of website to brand new and use same previous domain name .

    1.can i know procedure to get domain name from old owner of domain to me ?

    2.only domain transferring is enough in that case to registrar of my choice which i am comfortable like crazydomains.in ?

    3. can i use my choice host globehost.in as i will be designing it new ?

    Please if anyone would clarify my doubts would be it would be great.

  4. #4
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy
    Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,516
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhatpajju13 View Post
    I have several questions out there

    There is a client i want to change the design of website to brand new and use same previous domain name .

    1.can i know procedure to get domain name from old owner of domain to me ?

    2.only domain transferring is enough in that case to registrar of my choice which i am comfortable like crazydomains.in ?

    3. can i use my choice host globehost.in as i will be designing it new ?

    Please if anyone would clarify my doubts would be it would be great.
    1) It varies from registrar to registrar. Basically, use the transfer feature in your registrar's account where you want the domain to end up. The domain's owner will then have to provide the authorization code (also known as "transfer code" or "EPP code"). Then just enter the code in your account, and the domain is yours.

    2) I can't comment on the registrar you're looking at using, as I'm unfamiliar with it.

    3) You can use any host you want. They should have instructions for getting your domain set up after you get it transferred to your registrar account.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Karkala, India
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Flow View Post
    1) It varies from registrar to registrar. Basically, use the transfer feature in your registrar's account where you want the domain to end up. The domain's owner will then have to provide the authorization code (also known as "transfer code" or "EPP code"). Then just enter the code in your account, and the domain is yours.

    2) I can't comment on the registrar you're looking at using, as I'm unfamiliar with it.

    3) You can use any host you want. They should have instructions for getting your domain set up after you get it transferred to your registrar account.
    You solved my doubt's thanks.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fpolis - SC
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I would transfer the ownership to hostgator since they have a great support and you will never have a problem there.

  7. #7
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy
    Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,516
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaldo123 View Post
    If I were you I would transfer the ownership to hostgator since they have a great support and you will never have a problem there.
    Keep in mind that bhatpajju1's location is listed as India. It's common practice to use a host and registrar in the country of origin.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •