User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Corporate / SME site feedback.

I solicit your valuable opinion on the design of spanchem.com.

What do you think about design, colors, info, brands ? Please advice, I would be grateful.

Pls note that the site is not mobile ready as it was beyond client's budget and they do not expect much mobile traffic.

Main banners are placeholders and intended to be changed by clients so please do not point out image/ banner loading speed. I am aware of it.

The things on which I am seeking suggestions are:
    Top & Footer Menu font type, size, color etc suggestions.
    Left Sidebar(inner pages) combination with right content section in terms of font type, size,
    color etc, icons and overall effect.
    Vertical Separator line color and type(dotted, dashed etc).

Your opinions are greatly appreciated and welcome.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Aug 8, 2013 at 13:20.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me fonts are ok (type, and size) I would only change font color in top and footer menu for white.
    There is something wrong with footer menu hoover effect - :hoover button size is bigger than :link (tested on ff)
    Left Sidebar - in my opinion hoover effect in left side links could be better - now text is aligned to the left - maybe 5px padding-left give beter effect?
    I think vertical separator type is ok but I would make it in the same color as horizontal separator and I would make it little bit longer - almost to the bottom - now on 'About us' page it ends in half of 'Safety' paragraph....
    One think about colors - I would rather stick with black-red-white colors and replace blue elemets with red ("products" page)

I hope my opinion will be helpful (and sorry for my english)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by webill View Post
    For me fonts are ok (type, and size) I would only change font color in top and footer menu for white.
    There is something wrong with footer menu hoover effect - :hoover button size is bigger than :link (tested on ff)
    Left Sidebar - in my opinion hoover effect in left side links could be better - now text is aligned to the left - maybe 5px padding-left give beter effect?
    I think vertical separator type is ok but I would make it in the same color as horizontal separator and I would make it little bit longer - almost to the bottom - now on 'About us' page it ends in half of 'Safety' paragraph....
    One think about colors - I would rather stick with black-red-white colors and replace blue elemets with red ("products" page)

I hope my opinion will be helpful (and sorry for my english)

Thanks for this nice brief review. I would be making changes soon. Could you suggest a custom font (possibly from Google fonts library) which could be used in Header/Footer menu.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hii,
    Your design looks good.
    Color used are also looking good and appropriate for your website.
    Content and information on your website also sufficient to understand what your website is all about and what your company does.

on your Top and footer menu, font type, color, and size is looking fine and suitable for the other colors and theme of website. Is it intentional that you haven't added "home" at Top menu?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YAPSODY!!! Thanks for your positive feedback. Yes, it's intentional. Actually the top menu css is all hacked and had a difficult time fitting all top links so decided to forgo the home page link. It's there in the footer though. I do not like the Sidebar Reach Us text. Could you suggest changes in terms of color, fonts type, size or a background image.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really solid site overall. As far as the things that you want suggestions on:

Top Menu: Good. I don't think I would change anything. I don't really get why there is a bullet point that disappears on hover. You could have the text change on hover, either to bold or to a different color.
    Footer: You need to center your hover effect. It has too much padding to the right of the words. I'm in Chrome.
    Left Sidebar: You could make the text links stick out more with bold. Right now they don't look much different than your paragraph text.
    Content: I think your content looks really good. Nice and clean. Good use of whitespace. You may decide that you want to differentiated different sections of you page with more than your subtle dividers. Possibly by putting some sections on top of light gray content boxes or by making your headers stick out more. Right now it is very white and clean but there needs to be more contrast between sections on a single page.

Nice work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethos View Post
    .... You may decide that you want to differentiated different sections of you page with more than your subtle dividers. Possibly by putting some sections on top of light gray content boxes or by making your headers stick out more. Right now it is very white and clean but there needs to be more contrast between sections on a single page.
    Now, that's the sort of opinion I was looking for, Could you plz show me visually (like screenshot edited in photoshop or something like that). It would not only help me improve this design but would help in my future projects and more importantly be a better designer.