SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to find some software that is very high up in the eccomerce software in terms of technical ability..

I have looked at Actinic catalalogue and have decided this is not powerfull enough. money is not really an option...

What we are trying to do is have a shopping cart solution that will allow people to sign up for a club and pay 10.. They should be able to do this through either a form or through an option when purchasing a product..

Then we need the account to be automatically created on the fly and be assignned a username and password (or take the username and password they specified), send the customer and email with log in details and then when they next buy games they can use that log in to purchase products at a discounted rate..

With Actinic catalogue you have to download the orders, convert to an account, assing a discount and create username and password. If there are a lot per day that joind the club you can see how time consuming this may be..

Any ideas for a powerfull piece of software that will be able to do this ?

Cheers

Cloughie

Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOu might want to take a look at ASP/PHP capabilities in terms of creating new account son the fly. You should be able to do this pretty fast with mySQL and PHP.

As to the ecommerce side of things, if money is no object maybe you should approach a company with ecommerce experience to do some work for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if money is no option and you're willing to shell out big bucks...then ATG is your company.

their software averages at about $100,000+ per development seat. it's the best.

sites like target.com; formerly miadora.com; alcatel usa(b2b)

etc,

you can also look into:

IBM Websphere
    ShopSite (www.openmarket) they have resellers and for about $1,500 (license alone) you can have something that's pretty robust. the only thing that I don't like is that the pages are static.

any more help let me know.

Sam
    http://www.dlgsolutions.com ==> coming soon!