When multiple checkboxes are checked, they are returned in the form of a comma delimited string, right? So you'd think it would be easy to do Request.Form('checkboxes').Item.split(",") and then iterate through the array to see which boxes were checked, right? Except I get an ASP error that the form object does not support that method. So, how do I parse that returned string to get the checked values?

Here's the HTML:
Code:
<p>
        <label for="meat">Meat</label> <span class="err" id="errMeat">Please select one.</span><br />
        <input type="checkbox" id="meat_turkey" name="meat" value="turkey" />&nbsp;Turkey<br />
        <input type="checkbox" id="meat_ham" name="meat" value="ham" />&nbsp;Ham<br />
        <input type="checkbox" id="meat_roastbeef" name="meat" value="beef" />&nbsp;Roast beef<br />
        <input type="checkbox" id="meat_double" name="meat" value="doublemeat" />&nbsp;Double meat
        </p>
And here, I'm doing server-side validation. I'm collecting the checked values to add to a comma delimited string of column names to be used in a SQL INSERT.
Code:
function valid8(myArray,frmVal) { //myArray = allowed values, frmVal = returned values
    var ln = myArray.length;
    var arrFrmVal = Array(frmVal.split(",")); // Error thrown here; "Object doesn't support this property or method"
    for (i = 0;i < ln;i++) {
        for (j = 0; j < arrFrmVal.length; j++) {
            if (arrFrmVal[j] == (myArray[i])) {
                strColNames = strColNames + myArray[i] + ",";
                strColVals = strColVals + "'Y',";
                matched = true;
            }
        }
    }
    if (matched == false) {
        finalMsg = finalMsg + "<br />Error: found an incomplete field";
    }