SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How important is the payment options to you when buying (or considering) a script?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't ever buy software online.

1 14.29%
  • I don't care. If the script is useful I will buy it no matter "how" it is sold. (This assumes a secure server, etc..)

1 14.29%
  • If given a choice, I would purchase via paypal.

4 57.14%
  • If given a choice, I would purchase via 2checkout or paysystems.

0 0%
  • If given a choice, I would purchase via a 3rd party "shareware sales" solution like swreg.org or shareit.com

0 0%
  • None of the above. (Please explain)

1 14.29%
    Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchasing a script - what do YOU prefer as a developer?

I am doing a quick survey to determine what this community of web developers prefers for payment solutions when purchasing a script/shareware online.

For example, if you found a script that you decided you wanted to purchase (or were interested in purchasing)... would it make a difference how the script is sold?

In other words, should my script sales website include options to purchase directly with paypal, 2checkout, paysystems AND SWREG or shareit (or other "shareware" sales solutions)?

I often see script websites with multiple payment solutions and wonder if they are necessary for my own script sales...

Thanks!

Ohio - U.S.A. Outlook: Cautiously Optimistic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like using PayPal since I can simply transfer the funds from my balance to the script seller.

My second choice would be "I don't care".