SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Perfection

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if anyone else is like me in this respect.

Lately i've been looking at my latest site project. I keep looking at it and deciding i hate the layout, so i re-design it and decide i still hate it, despite other people saying it's really good.

It's mad, anyone else do the same thing? Are you NEVER happy with a layout? Can I get therapy for this?

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yeah...

I'm not just like that with my websites, either. I'm constantly rearranging furniture in my house, or wanting to do major home remodeling/redecorating. At least changing a website doesn't cause backaches! WTP probably had half a dozen layouts before it went live, and about three major changes since then. Every now and then I get inspired by something completely ridiculous, like the color scheme on a can of Orange Slice soda (!!!), and want to redo everything, but then I look at 200+ pages and my laziness gets the better of me.
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well im never happy with my site but thats normaly because there is a fairly big flaw in the design somewhere and just by any chance there isnt its still all wrong
    Back Again

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SitePoint is my therapy!

My site, since it went live over a year ago, has been through three major remodelings. I am always browsing new designs or thinking of new layouts I'd like to implement..its part of the job of being a webmaster. But at the same time, you also have to know when to stop, sit back, and relax!

Everyone gets their jolt of inspiration. Just be glad you aren't staring at the dreaded blank screen of doom, and suffering from a lack of creativity! I hate that more than I hate changing the layout of the entire site

Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A webmaster's job is never complete. You're always thinking of new things to do to improve your site, so I don't think I will ever reach "perfection".

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, there's no such thing as 'perfection', so it would be useless to try to reach it

And believe me: even if perfection existed, you wouldn't want it, since it's the worst thing that can happen.

Now about me:

I don't think that any of my sites will ever satisfy me, but I don't care about that. As long as the site looks nice and is easy to use, it's 'perfect' in my eyes.
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm on the 5th (AND FINAL!) design for my companies site, Flame Hosting. It's never launched Whenever it's done, and I'm about to put it up, I decide I can do better and start making a new design. Frustrating!

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it good if your customers see that you're at least doing something about the site? If the design keeps improving, they'll like the site more, I think.
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.