User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advertising on Facebook

I have spent a couple of hundred dollars advertising on facebook but with virtually no success. Maybe my expectations were too high being amazed with fine tuning options for target audience. At this time, I am just wondering if there are any success stories using Facebook ads.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also depends on your product what you are selling, it could be that facebook is not the place to make advertising for your product

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time we tried, it was the same. It seems just traffic, nothing else.

Many people have probably had success, but I would look at different methods to be honest
    BoxSrv - SHOUTcast, Shared hosting, Domain names and more

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you spent but not in the right way. you gave penny to facebook. you should give it to a guy who works this job. a freelancer who will help you advertising in facebook. who will be responsible for marketing of your product.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samredarmy View Post
    you spent but not in the right way. you gave penny to facebook. you should give it to a guy who works this job. a freelancer who will help you advertising in facebook. who will be responsible for marketing of your product.
    Perhaps you are right. It is true that I am no expert on facebook ads but so far I still have not heard any success stories. Also, there are many large companies that have dropped advertising on facebook all together for example GM. Finally, Facebook is infested with automatic bots just wasting your advertising budget (http://www.searchenginejournal.com/f...ing-for/46194/). So what is the real value (and fake likes do not count) of facebook advertising?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't think there is so much profit in facebook advertising. You better work with a freelancer. If e can do something for you. like spreading the updates of your facebook page or spreading the update of your company. this will helpp you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dxter View Post
    Perhaps you are right. It is true that I am no expert on facebook ads but so far I still have not heard any success stories. Also, there are many large companies that have dropped advertising on facebook all together for example GM. Finally, Facebook is infested with automatic bots just wasting your advertising budget (http://www.searchenginejournal.com/f...ing-for/46194/). So what is the real value (and fake likes do not count) of facebook advertising?
    there is fake likes. but you have to believe that there are many real likes also. these guys really like pages after becoming interested in those. so you can consider it a a good
    way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but Google treat Twitter links as Do-Follow Links.....
    Why "nofollow" links from twitter be treated any different? Do you have any proof?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no "No-Follow Links" in twitter. All are Do-Follow links........

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no "No-Follow Links" in twitter. All are Do-Follow links........
    This is simply NOT true. I checked and all external links in twitter are "nofollow".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, these things are changed after the latest update of GOOGLE. I am not sure about the latest update..... I knew this before last update. Are you confirm ?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have spent a couple of hundred dollars advertising on facebook but with virtually no success. Maybe my expectations were too high being amazed with fine tuning options for target audience. At this time, I am just wondering if there are any success stories using Facebook ads.
    The results of these kinds of techniques always very risky I will suggest SEO, If you want some results.Thanks

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a while back. No success it seemed. With google advertising someone searches for a product. That product is presented. The user clicks it because its what they are actively searching for. Facebook is more passive advertising. Like commercials on tv. More for brand recognition. Facebookers are there to do what they do. Not look at adds. The only ones that I think do work well are adds that show up in my feed that highlight a app with a download link. I have installed a few this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is general traffic. Lead generation works well on facebook. If you are trying to sell something instantly using facebook ad, it will not work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhruvpatel View Post
    Facebook is general traffic. Lead generation works well on facebook. If you are trying to sell something instantly using facebook ad, it will not work.
    We can also use some classified websites if we want to sell something instantly.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah its fully depends upon your product if your protect is good one it easily to reach the people.but i have one doubt why do you choose Ad your protect using Facebook?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is because Facebook has huge traffic as we know all that's why we use Facebook for the advertising.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi dxter, I am not very familiar with Facebook paid advertising yet. However, I would like to ask what you have actually done with your advertising? And what were your expectations? And the possible result of your advertising?

I sure hope there were. Is there at least an increase in your post traffic? I would like to believe there weren't because of your statement "with virtually no success"?

For those who were familiar, could you correct my understanding please?
    • "My cent is that "The goal of Post Boosting on Facebook is only to increase your posts impression on people's news feed.".Therefore, the possibility that a fb post will be liked will still depend on the quality of the post shared.

If my current understanding is correct, I believe what was missing in your campaign was more attractive content. (Of course I may be wrong since you haven't given specific detail regarding your said advertising).

Quote Originally Posted by PicnicTutorials View Post
    I tried a while back. No success it seemed. With google advertising someone searches for a product. That product is presented. The user clicks it because its what they are actively searching for. Facebook is more passive advertising. Like commercials on tv. More for brand recognition. Facebookers are there to do what they do. Not look at adds. The only ones that I think do work well are adds that show up in my feed that highlight a app with a download link. I have installed a few this way.
    Yes @PicnicTutorials, this is how I imagine FB advertising, focusing on brand recognition. Brand recognition in Facebook I suppose is like CPM (Cost-per-Impression) in Google Advertising. This is from the concept that of an increase in your posts impression (that will likely lead to a bigger possibility of user interaction (e.g. like, comment, share)).

And based on your example, what you are saying that works are those that have apps with a download link. This may be because their call-to-action in their campaign is straight to the point. They want you to download their app by clicking on the link. And you did....

Of course, this is a case-to-case basis, since this will depend on your strategy.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FB has both not only CPM and CPC as you said if the product you serve is for entertainment then may get more hits but if your an service provider don't go for FB advertising

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on your targeted visitors. First you need to survey about how many of your visitors are using facebook. If you have such visitors who doesn't use facebook then your advertises are going waste. i.e. QROPS, an UK pension transfer; will not get benefit from facebook. and ecommerce websites earns from facebook.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello dxter,

Just be careful that you read the terms of any ads that you place on facebook
    as many of them do not want to be advertised that way.

I did a few ads on facebook and the money finished off quickly with no results

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertising on Facebook is a best way to promote your business and create friendly relation with people.Facebook is most popular social netorking site in the world and huge traffic as we know all that's why we use Facebook for the advertising!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul0130 View Post
    Last time we tried, it was the same. It seems just traffic, nothing else.

Many people have probably had success, but I would look at different methods to be honest
    I think its good if you getting traffic from facebook ads because it mean you are getting too much new visitors and if they will take any interest in your product then they will shown any interest so it totally depend on your product, If your product will like by someone then sure they will go for buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social media is a good places to explore but the success depends upon the product and the way of presenting it..
    Sometimes products are good but its promotion failed due to a comparatively low stranded promotion and the product may have not success as it deserves.
    It also depends upon the needs of related users..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also tried fb ads for my site but who really are not capable, it's not like google