Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Please review our entertainment website

Our entertainment website is devoted to free casual games. Here it is:

http://toomkygames.com

Several points, I'd like to be strongly reviewed:
    1.It is already localized into several languages. So if you are a native speaker of german, french, spanish, or portuguese - I'd be glad to here your critical remarks on the websites language
    2.Its seo like tags or whatever
    3. what would you like to add on this site to make it better? or what to remove?
    4. General thoughts and critiques are highly appreciated!

SitePoint Evangelist silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi johnbu,

I can understand your wish to have the ToomkyGames toolbar (including "Value Apps") installed, "Software provided by SweetLabs Inc. (OpenCandyŽ) is installed", the default homepage changed, and the search engine replaced.

But I should never do it automatically by installing a game on pc. This is bad for the user, and I fear it is bad for your image/goodwill also. I know, you explained in the FAQ how to avoid it and how to remove it, but it still remains an opt-out mechanism. The eager player will not click the small letters "Applications we offer during the installation" and "Modifications made after installing ToomkyGames products", but just click the download button; before you know, you have to take action to remove unwanted stuff...
    • IMHO it's better to uncheck these options as a default, so the user can opt-in, if desired.
    • To make this easier, you can explain what are the advantages for the user to get the toolbar, the changed default start page, and a changed search machine!

Oops, a Google on Value Apps has eye-catching results: "How to remove Value Apps malware?"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, Francky

I understand your thoughts and they tend to be fair. But at the moment we are not offering the toolbar. We've postponed this feature. We are planning to remove related statements in our FAQ and the smallest letters "Applications we offer during the installation" and "Modifications made after installing ToomkyGames products".
    So if you try to download on of our games now, things you've mentioned won't happen. So homepage is not changed and search engin is not replaced and no "Value Apps" are installed due to the reasons you've mentioned. The only thing that is offered during installation process is proposing for additional installation 2 usefull programs. And one of them is unchecked, the second one can be easily unchecked manually too.

Just check it by downloading one game and you'll see what I'm speaking about.

Anyway thanks for your critical remarks. We'll try to do something with it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The look needs some work I think. The text doesn't look sharp and that effect being used on the font has been overplayed for years.
    Navigation otherwise is very clean. I just think it doesn't look modern at all.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by shanshan View Post
    The look needs some work I think. The text doesn't look sharp and that effect being used on the font has been overplayed for years.
    Navigation otherwise is very clean. I just think it doesn't look modern at all.
    thanx for the remark. It'd be great if you could you give me some examples of modern style navigation?

what kind of effect you're speaking about? (I'm not sure I got you right, so please clarify)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though website navigation is smooth, the images load slowly in my computer. Just a bit slow but not too slow. I'm not sure if the problem is in my connection (I'm having problems with it since yesterday) or your site. Also I find your text under your Welcome message too small to read. Not sure if you do that to save space or what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have very good website. So many games and game related keywords, ultimate title tag, many related internal links. Your website seem very professional. You should now work more on link building.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Your website looks good.
    You have huge no. of games on website. Kids will love this website.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what it is, but this site just feels spammy to me. It feels like the type of site where I'd be risking a virus if I clicked on anything. I think it's a combination of things. It could be the over-reliance on the whole "it's totally safe and legal" just sits uneasy with me. From an SEO perspective I'd start looking at places to put content, maybe have a section where people could review the games they've just played. Hope this helps, good luck with it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

hi, really your site is very cute and you have very good collection. I suggest my younger brother to visit your site and I hope it will be fun for him.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few suggestions :

1. The site is a little cluttered, and normally if I go on a site like this, it gives me a bad feeling :\ . So make it a little less cluttered.
    2. Include a register feature so users who like your site can register.
    3. ALSO include a high-score feature for registered users only, so they can compete against each other
    4. Also when I click on a game , you should clearly display 2 options : PLAY THIS GAME ONLINE and DOWNLOAD THIS GAME.

Thankyou!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhruvpatel View Post
    You have very good website. So many games and game related keywords, ultimate title tag, many related internal links. Your website seem very professional. You should now work more on link building.
    thanx. Working on link building already! It's no easy matter, sould I say...=\

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachySEO View Post
    I don't know what it is, but this site just feels spammy to me. It feels like the type of site where I'd be risking a virus if I clicked on anything. I think it's a combination of things. It could be the over-reliance on the whole "it's totally safe and legal" just sits uneasy with me. From an SEO perspective I'd start looking at places to put content, maybe have a section where people could review the games they've just played. Hope this helps, good luck with it.
    thanks for the remark. We'll try to work out your idea about user reviews. As of your feeling that the site may seem spammy, I understand you - lots of sites states they are safe, but in result they're not just trying to persuade a user do this or that on the website. Bt we're trying to do our best to avoid any risky content on our website: all ads are coming from google adsense. No keywords stuffing. We have trusted seals updated daily. SO, we're keepin' an eye on all negative things.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord123 View Post
    Here are a few suggestions :

1. The site is a little cluttered, and normally if I go on a site like this, it gives me a bad feeling :\ . So make it a little less cluttered.
    2. Include a register feature so users who like your site can register.
    3. ALSO include a high-score feature for registered users only, so they can compete against each other
    4. Also when I click on a game , you should clearly display 2 options : PLAY THIS GAME ONLINE and DOWNLOAD THIS GAME.
    Thanks for your remarks!

1. It is cluttered with what kind of things: ads, images...or whatsoever? What does exactly make you feel bad while navigating at this site?
    2. Thanks, we're thinking this feature over along with players reviews
    3. Nice tip! Thanks!
    4. Yeah, we're also receiving such remarks. It means, it's time to do something with it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks a little spammy for my taste aswell , it does look professional but some people may feel a little unsecured about free downloadable content as it turns manny times like you can get some virus or spyware so it may be good to emphasize that navigating your website is totally risk free .If we assume that targets the younger population it may be very attractive so the only effort should be made on popularization by the seo techniques .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked your site, One thing I didn't like is its loading time. Everything else is cool