SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for some honest feedback

I've created a web application to stream line a web designer's workflow - http://cloudcannon.com.

I launched Cloud Cannon about a month ago and have had great feedback from designers using it. I'm trying to improve the marketing page at the moment. I'm looking to answer the following questions:

1. Do you understand what the product does?
    2. How could it be made clearer?
    3. Would you use this product?

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

The site's design is nice and clear, so well done.

It may just be me, but when I look at things like this, I really want to understand how the thing works before I get involved. For me, there were unanswered questions that turned me away. For example, you mention hosting, but it wasn't clear at all to me how your hosting relates to my DropBox. So, basically, I was left a little doubtful about how my site would actually be hosted and what was going on behind the scenes. I would recommend that you make it really clear how this system works (perhaps including an info graphic) so that people really know what they are dealing with. It's not clear to me what role DropBox is playing in all this.

For example, I have a clear idea of what's going on when I buy a regular hosting account: I'm getting space on someone's computer, and uploading my files to a public folder. What am I doing when I us DropBox along with CloudCanon?

I also get all wobbly about giving others access to DropBox, not really understanding the security implications, so I'd recommend you go into that a bit more.

It's a good idea to have a large call to action, but a big button that says "Try it Free" is lost on me if I don't know what it is, so somehow you need to sort that out before presenting the button. Even a video at the top of the home page would help.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really nice design with perfect color combination. Each things at perfect place with attractive graphic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the layout of the website..thought it was pretty great..the accessibility was the best thing about the website and the colors were pretty much soothing..

SitePoint Evangelist silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to ralph.m:
    The Homepages says:
    Use the tools you love
    Use all your favourite design tools, there are no limits!
    But only in the FAQ one can read the drawbacks:
    Q: Can I use SQL/PHP/Rails with Cloud Cannon?
    A: No. (...)
    That is a big restriction!
    Therefore it should be mentioned directly on the Homepage: the system is working only for simple websites, without php-includes or databases. And made clear before the "Try it Free" buttons!

=======
    I'm missing the explanation of a backup-system: what happens if something is clouding the cloud?
    In the Terms page I read:
    Termination. "Whiteleaf Software may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately." (...)
    Disclaimer of Warranties. "(...)" > Everything is "at your own discretion and risk."
    Hmm...
    =======
    Design: the play button on the video doesn't catch the eye. At first glance I missed it completely: the video is looking as a static illustration.

SitePoint Enthusiast ReferralCandy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

That is a great piece of design done utilising the principles of Flat UI! I love the harmony of the colours used, the large fonts and text used, and how it makes the whole website look professional and easy to use.

If there's one thing I may add, the tagline above the fold "Cloud Cannon makes deploying and maintaining websites for clients faster and easier." is quite vague in my opinion. You may want to add how your service taps on the Dropbox technology, and perhaps include what are the kinds of websites that can be created with your service. I would definitely love to use your product, but the limitations of not being able to use PHP/Ruby/SQL is quite a major consideration, which I think should be conveyed to your visitors somewhere on your home page.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure you can find a niche group of web developers that would certainly benefit from your product. Good luck with your website and let us know how it goes!

- Aaron

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the layout - works very well. Great business model.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you understand what the product does?

The main headline "It's like Steroids for web designers" was a little confusing but the follow up content: "Cloud Cannon makes deploying and maintaining websites for clients faster and easier." Helped me to kind of visualise some sort of rapid cloning backup and deployment solution. However when I read down to your "Launch in seconds" section it seems as though you're actually offering a low fi CMS system?

How could it be made clearer?
    Yes I think the top part is misleading and therefore confusing. "Turn Your Static Website into a CMS in seconds" would have been better.

Would you use this product?
    No I'd use Wordpress.

P.s. it's a really nice designed website though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks professional

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It something kind of A/B User Testing that you will need. I hope that would be really helpful to get convert your visitor into the leads easily.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hii, i think your website looks good and professional. there is no need to do anything more to it. It is very clear and easy to understand.