SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting in a cubicle all day gets kind of boring and there is always something your neighbor does that really irritates you like when they have a cold and they are constantly blowing their nose and sniffing. Sometime your boss can be really... strange, if that's what you want to call it. Let me explain to you about my boss.

Well, what can you say about a guy who is in love with his '56 Chevy, literally. If he weren't married to his wife, he would be married to the '56 Chevy he loves it so much. He would kill himself if anything happened to that '56 Chevy. Well, every week he will send out a newsletter about his '56 Chevy and the "amazing" things it has done that week. Like one time he had on there that the '56 Chevy got up to 150mph and when he turned sharply it turned in a circle 10 times. I think of that as a death sentence.

One day me and some colleagues decided they were play a little trick on the boss. We were going to sneak into his office after he had written his newsletter and alter the newsletter a bit. We replaced the word '56 Chevy to the word wife. It was a hoot once everyone had received the newsletter. People could not stop laughing at the boss's "wife."

Here is what the letter had read that day:

Hello fellow staff!

You will never guess what happened to my wife this week! Well, when I went outside to check up on the old girl, it's back end had a giant hole in it as if a big blade had punctured into it and the headlights were busted open. I got in my wife to see if I could turn her on to get into the garage but every time I tried it made weird noises.

I opened the hood to check on its engine and it was leaking! By now I was furious. There is no other wife like her in the world. She was so good.

I took it to the shop but they said there was nothing they could do. That wife was through. She worked too hard. I kissed her hood and left. I guess I will never see my wife again.
    Stuart Briscar Consulting - Free Website Consulting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you really did that or is it just a joke?
    Back Again

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposed to be a joke

I've never even seen a cubicle except in the SuperFly animations.
    Stuart Briscar Consulting - Free Website Consulting

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i'd like a cubicle - you just can't get away with anything when your monitor is in plain view

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.