SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The active result for the query contains no fields

    Hi guys, i am getting the following error : The active result for the query contains no fields

    Below is my code

    <?php
    session_start();
    include'dbconnect_three.php';
    include'dbconnect.php';
    include 'dbconnect_two.php';

    $uname=$_SESSION['user'];
    $email=$_SESSION['email'];
    $message_id=$_POST['mess_id'];
    $maxseq=$_POST['maxseq'];
    $otheruser=$_POST['otheruser'];

    //The part below is the one that does the query to retrieve the messages from the database

    $sql_message_retriver="SELECT message FROM inbox WHERE message_id='$message_id' ";
    $sql_message_retriever_result=sqlsrv_query($conn_three,$sql_message_retriever);



    while($sql_message_result_display=SQLSRV_FETCH_ARRAY($sql_message_retriever_result,SQLSRV_FETCH_ASSOC))
    {
    $message_string=$sql_message_result_display['message'];
    echo "<right>$message_string</right>";
    }

    $seen=2;
    $maxseq=$maxseq+1;

    echo "<form action=// method=post>";
    echo"Messageinput type=text name=update>";
    echo "<input type=hidden name=message_id value=$message_id>"; // gotta fix this part
    echo "<input type=hidden name=maxseq value=$maxseq>";
    echo "<input type=hidden name=otheruser value=$otheruser>";
    echo "<input type=hidden name=otheremail value=$otheremail>";
    echo "<input type=hidden name=keyes value=$keyes>";
    echo "<input type=submit name=submit value=Reply>";
    echo"</form>";

    print_r(sqlsrv_errors());

    ?>

    The exact error i get:Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => IMSSP [SQLSTATE] => IMSSP [1] => -28 [code] => -28 [2] => The active result for the query contains no fields. [message] => The active result for the query contains no fields. ) )

    Here is one suggestion i found to solve the problem from other forums: use the sqlsrv_next_result. I used it and it says ODBC function sequence error(something like that).

    Here is something else to note, when i change my sql statement to say like this: $sql_id_two="SELECT message FROM inbox WHERE message_id='1216' AND to_email='$email' OR from_email='$email'"; It actually works and displays the message. its weird. someone pls help and also can someone explain what this error means, there is very little explanation on the internet and they are kinda confusing. pls help.

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Voorheesville NY USA
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spelling is a wonderful thing. Mis-spelling is not. That's the trouble with creating long var names.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginerjm View Post
    Spelling is a wonderful thing. Mis-spelling is not. That's the trouble with creating long var names.
    I shall remember that line for the rest of my life... You just made my day. Seriously. Thanks a million ginerjm!!! Found the misspelling

  4. #4
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Voorheesville NY USA
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTH!


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •