SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a client who is adding some pages to their site today and desperately wants to have the pages listed on the search engines by keywords by the time their related advertising campaign gets underway on Sunday. Money is no object here, so if anyone knows of any processes there are for shortening the process to get listed on the major engines, please let me know ASAP. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from my experience there is not much chance of getting your site listed by Sunday. However, NBCi can list you immediately, DMOZ is very quick (however your site must be reviewed by their volunteer editors first - i don't know if they work on Sunday) also HOTBOT is pretty quick. Although i think that submitting to DMOZ will also list you in HOTBOT, Netscape and AOL.
    You should also try the pay per listing directories/engines like looksmart and Yahoo quick submission, but it will take at least a week.
    good luck
    boom shiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Inktomi pay submissions will get pages into HotBot, AOL, Iwon and other Inktomi partners in approx 5-6 days. This thread explains it http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=11100

Yahoo Express will list a site in approx 7-10 days and Looksmart may take 3-4 weeks to update after a submission.

GoTo and other pay per click engines are generally keen to list you quickly 3-5 days.

Others will take weeks/months.
    Simon Conroy,
    PPC Bid Management and ROI Tracking Solutions
    www.BidBuddy.co.uk www.ROIstats.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money no object?

Go to GoTo.com. Bid for the top search terms. GoTo.com now powers the top three listings on AOL Search and the top two listings on Netscape Search.

Next, submit to Yahoo using the biz express plan ($199).

After that, submit to LookSmart using their 48 hour $199 plan.

Then, check out what Position Technologies can do for you with Inktomi. http://positiontech.com

And don't forget NBCi.com. I am glad to see someone else mention them. I really like that directory and wish it would get some more support. They are blazing fast. And the folks over there are doing a bang up job IMHO.

After that, you'll just have to stand in line.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net