SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kisumu, Kenya
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Is Document Sharing a good source of backlink?

    I received a SEO quotation from another firm in India and they listed Document sharing s one of the SEO methods thy will use. This make me wondering if document sharing is beneficial to SEO and in which way(s).

  2. #2
    . shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    9,013
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Document Sharing? Umm ya, just more bogus...It will do nothing concerning SEO.
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.


  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kisumu, Kenya
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What! You mean there is no value in backlinks from document sharing website? Well i am a layman there. So that bring me to this questions;
    Should i juts stick to the traditional SEO of social bookmarking, directory submission,etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by logic_earth View Post
    Document Sharing? Umm ya, just more bogus...It will do nothing concerning SEO.

  4. #4
    Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,888
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehatseosuite View Post
    I received a SEO quotation from another firm in India and they listed Document sharing s one of the SEO methods thy will use. This make me wondering if document sharing is beneficial to SEO and in which way(s).
    How do you think document sharing could help you in terms of SEO?

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kisumu, Kenya
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am imagining that there is somewhere i can place link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    How do you think document sharing could help you in terms of SEO?

  6. #6
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    TechnoBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    6,239
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehatseosuite View Post
    Well I am imagining that there is somewhere i can place link.
    As various members have tried to explain in your other threads, links which you obtain in this manner - by posting them yourself - are of very little benefit, because they're too easy to get and to manipulate. The links which will benefit your site in terms of SEO are those which are not easy to obtain, which are not self-created, but come from solid, reputable sites. The only way to obtain these links is by ensuring your own site has such high-quality content that other people will choose to link to it, for the benefit the links will provide to their own visitors.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Document sharing a new methods. That is known many people. How it will work ? Document sharing on kind of document marketing. If you can make some long details for your niche business and here you can give some trips and make some solution about some problem. Then some people require the tutorial and trips of many problems. So they search for pdf document. In this document have some link of the footer place. This will help you to come some visitors in your site.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kisumu, Kenya
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by msjasnim40 View Post
    Document sharing a new methods. That is known many people. How it will work ? Document sharing on kind of document marketing. If you can make some long details for your niche business and here you can give some trips and make some solution about some problem. Then some people require the tutorial and trips of many problems. So they search for pdf document. In this document have some link of the footer place. This will help you to come some visitors in your site.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kisumu, Kenya
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    As various members have tried to explain in your other threads, links which you obtain in this manner - by posting them yourself - are of very little benefit, because they're too easy to get and to manipulate. The links which will benefit your site in terms of SEO are those which are not easy to obtain, which are not self-created, but come from solid, reputable sites. The only way to obtain these links is by ensuring your own site has such high-quality content that other people will choose to link to it, for the benefit the links will provide to their own visitors.

  10. #10
    Community Advisor ULTiMATE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,160
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Document sharing is a pointless exercise, as I say on an almost weekly basis here.

    The reason it is a pointless exercise is because people assume that these links are of decent quality. The reality of the situation is that you've spent x amount of time writing an article, and y amount of time adding the article and your link to this page; a page which is of really low-quality on a site with many low-quality pages and links. Congratulations! You've wasted x + y time for nothing! If a company knew that you'd did this for no benefit they'd probably fire your ass.

    Imagine a website as a bowl and a link as a small hole. Now fill that bowl with water and call it "Google Juice". The more links we add to this page, the more water flows from the bowl. The average document sharing website get a lot of visitors and appear to be popular, but only because these sites are used by SEO spammers. They are all pushing holes into the bowl, and before long the bowl is a ton of holes and the water just falls through. Even if this document site was the best site on the planet, the sheer number of articles and the sheer number of links make your link pointless.

    Document sharing sites are the ultimate scam. They've hustled the hustlers, and they're profiting off of SEO spammers and their countless man-hours spent spamming.

  11. #11
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kisumu, Kenya
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No good news is available for document sharing websites?Ok, all of you who have done the hard work of stopping me from using document sharing websites, you've won.Thanks again for sharing that useful piece of information.

    Quote Originally Posted by ULTiMATE View Post
    Document sharing is a pointless exercise, as I say on an almost weekly basis here.

    The reason it is a pointless exercise is because people assume that these links are of decent quality. The reality of the situation is that you've spent x amount of time writing an article, and y amount of time adding the article and your link to this page; a page which is of really low-quality on a site with many low-quality pages and links. Congratulations! You've wasted x + y time for nothing! If a company knew that you'd did this for no benefit they'd probably fire your ass.

    Imagine a website as a bowl and a link as a small hole. Now fill that bowl with water and call it "Google Juice". The more links we add to this page, the more water flows from the bowl. The average document sharing website get a lot of visitors and appear to be popular, but only because these sites are used by SEO spammers. They are all pushing holes into the bowl, and before long the bowl is a ton of holes and the water just falls through. Even if this document site was the best site on the planet, the sheer number of articles and the sheer number of links make your link pointless.

    Document sharing sites are the ultimate scam. They've hustled the hustlers, and they're profiting off of SEO spammers and their countless man-hours spent spamming.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Document-sharing websites can be a excellent source of traffic. They have high PR, they have high quantity of traffic, and they’ll help you to get ranked well in the search engines. Document-sharing website is a website that accepts document submission, regularly in the form of PDF and makes it public. All in all, document-sharing websites can be a good backlink source for your website which will help your website to rank well in the search engines.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Document sharing has nothing to do with backlinking or building links. It doesn't even contribute anything to any business.
    Unless you want to divulge any information you have from a certain company and you want to share documents from the competitors.

  14. #14
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually this method can work out, it did for me. OP can check this: http://www.golod.com/backlink-ideas-...hosting-sites/

  15. #15
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I would not hire anyone from India. A SEO company can very easily do more harm than good to your site. This is better handled by you the site owner.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •