SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

Any advice/suggestions on how I can quickly learn to do good graphics with Photoshop ? How do I improve quickly ?

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way is of course to experiment, but I understand that can be quite difficult if you don't really know where to start. I learnt using the Photoshop tutorial CD that came with the software.

Also have a look at
    http://www.trainingtools.com
    and work your way through the Photoshop 5.5 For the Web tutorial. It should only take a couple of days and is rather good.

Int erms of books, I quite like:
    The Photoshop 5 Wow book

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the encouragement Nicky !

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our own "WebmasterBase" has great new PhotoShop Tutorials, in addition to other web editors and graphic programs...

Also, the 'How to Use' series has one on PhotoShop (by Daniel Giordan) Here at Amazon ~~ it is very visual, which I like, and basic, but it is a good way to start...

Then just open a new document in PhotoShop, take a look at the different tasks & tools and just try them out. I began with photos 3 years ago as I was working with Photographers (still am), but my next step was to learn basic layers and text so that I could make a simple button. So take one task and learn that, otherwise you will get overwhelmed with all the different options & plug-ins that you can use...

Think in terms building blocks when you learn...learn one thing and then attempt another!
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.Smartplanet.com has a series of instructer-led, on-line courses on different ninche areas of PhotoShop.

I just finished the course 'PhotoShop Tips & Tricks' and found it to be very insightful.

Courses are free with $17 a month membership. You can take as many 'free' courses as you like or pay $20 per course for non-members.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just learned teaching myself, and now i am pretty proficient with photoshop 6.0 (vector and raster). Anyway if you dont know where to start, I learned a few things at www.screamdesign.com. For example check out the logo i made for www.textclicks.com with photoshop 6.0. It took me about two minutes. Hope this helps!
    PyroGrafix Design Services
    Chris Hinkley
    buginajar@techisp.com