SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback needed for mobile website for opticians

Hey guys, I'd really appreciate your feedback on a mobile website my company has created for high street opticians. We've tested it in house, but it'd be useful to get the opinions from people who aren't so close to the project. I'd love to get your (brutally) honest feedback on the usability, features, etc.

Here's the link: http://www.davidclulow.com. Please note that in order to see the mobile version of the website you will need to view it on a mobile phone (not tablet).

Thanks in advance!

SitePoint Enthusiast CoreyFreeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Having the whole page darken when you pick a menu item seems unnecessary though.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You website looks good on Mobile. Nice Design.

SitePoint Enthusiast ReferralCandy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ActivateMedia,

This is one of the best mobile adaptations of a website I have seen! The call to actions are large and clear, and I like how features such as "Find a store" and "Book a sight test", which are probably the main actions a mobile user would perform, are located right on the top of the home page. The website loads pretty speedily and I'm impressed at the usage of responsive web design in this website.

If there's one thing I may suggest, you may want to look into the width given to the copy in some of the pages. The text doesn't utilise the full width of the screen, which is quite a waste of precious mobile screen space and makes the text run longer than usual. Moreover, the headings seem to be using the same font as the copy, which looks quite boring when I was reading the descriptions of the products in the various pages. Perhaps you can use a different font to spice things up?

Ultimately, there's really not much I can suggest besides nitpicking tiny details. The mobile site is fully functional and easy to use, I really love it! Good luck with the site and let us know how it goes!

- Aaron

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great site! Very clean and stylish. My one critique is the video that starts immediately. That is something that will annoy frequent visitors. Fantastic website with great navigation and design!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You website looks good.
    there is nothing bad to criticize brutally.
    All the things like color, graphics, font , design, logo everything looks great.
    great job, keep it up.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design and Colour scheme look serious and very clean.

The store finder option is a great idea and also activates position tracking which is perfect. The problem I had was that it loads forever withouth a result (might be a location issue on my part I am not in your target area). You might want to check up on that.
    Search via Input works perfectly. The dropdown works. All store locations are perfectly listed and collapsible and the google maps integration is visually appealing.

I am not a fan of the home dropdown because I prefer a menu. But it does not detract from the website from a pure design aspect.
    Also I was expecting a shop/inventory page? I am also wearing glasses and when looking for an optician I do not choose based on "competency" (which I think you are aiming for on your site?) but inventory (do they have models I like)

Eyetest booking form looks clean and is easy to understand. You might want to integrate a time table in the Preferred time field (as you did in the date field)

I hope this helps

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many uppercases in the sub-menu make it a little tied to read. Lowercases would be better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great website! To begin with, I feel like it is pretty unnecessary to make the page turn black when you are in the menu. Also, the map is really cool, most website don't do that! Other than that, your website is beautiful and definitely makes me want to buy a pair of glasses !

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Site looks great. Very Professional. Great menu system, easy to browse through different categories.
    Very modern looking website for optician.

One thing you mentioned is mobile. I don't see that it is responsive design, so actually it is not optimized for mobile at all