SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daily Tips online?

I get the SitePoint channel on AvantGo, and several times I've wanted to follow up on a Daily Tip online, but I don't see them anywhere on the SP site. Am I not looking in the right place? Also, some of the daily content seems truncated at the top of the article on my handheld (some days it looks like I'm missing the lead in). If it's also on the site it will make things much easier to verify I'm seeing the entire tip.

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We removed the Tip of the Day from SitePoint.com because it wasn't a popular feature and much of the content was outdated.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mickiewicz
    We removed the Tip of the Day from SitePoint.com because it wasn't a popular feature and much of the content was outdated.
    Ewww. Then maybe I don't want to rely on the SP channel on AvantGo so much, eh?

Forensic SEO Consultant Webnauts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mickiewicz
    I guess it would be a great initiative for the web accessibilty, if SitePoint would begin this feature again, maybe once a week? Something like: Tip of the Week? for Web sites Accessibility?

I would be glad to support this feature with tips, if will be realized.
    Anyway I have a very hot thread about accessibility, and other similar threads are running too, for example about accesskeys, etc, where a lot of content is gathered...

JUST A THOUGHT. [img]images/smilies/yawnb.gif[/img]

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardinComp
    Then maybe I don't want to rely on the SP channel on AvantGo so much, eh?
    Are you kidding? AvantGo is still the fastest way to get to-the-minute updates of the latest content on SitePoint.com, regardless of your location! The tip of the day is yet to be removed from it, but the regular updates still make AvantGo worthwhile

Webnauts, thanks for your offer. We've had a number of intiatives over the years to attract new tips, but no voluntary contributors have had the time to stick with them! However, if we look to relaunch this feature, we'll gladly accept your offer
    georgina

Forensic SEO Consultant Webnauts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgina
    Are you kidding? [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] AvantGo is still the fastest way to get to-the-minute updates of the latest content on SitePoint.com, regardless of your location! The tip of the day is yet to be removed from it, but the regular updates still make AvantGo worthwhile [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Webnauts, thanks for your offer. We've had a number of intiatives over the years to attract new tips, but no voluntary contributors have had the time to stick with them! However, if we look to relaunch this feature, we'll gladly accept your offer [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    georgina
    I will be glad if I can support! Thanks!