User Tag List

Thread: Nuke or?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuke or?

I am looking for an easy to use CMS that can double as an online site maker. PhpWebSite can make pages, has a good (add on) editor which can do tables, font colors, size, and photo upload. It will make dropdown menus of the pages. Good for giving clients a "do it yourself" site.

Having said that it is really slow and has about six themes, all of which suck.
    The Nukes have tons of modules and great themes but are there add-ons to do what I want? Pagemaking and a good editor like this board has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    POSTNUKE is way better IMO.

POSTNUKE has the text formatting feature that your looking for too. It's really good and much more stable than PHPNUKE. Themes and Mods are a bit more lacking than PHPNUKE but designing your own is easy.

I had major problems installing and dealing with PHPNUKE, but POSTNUKE intsalled really fast and easy.

Another thing that may concern you is that the author of PHPNUKE just stated that he won't be designing any more free versions of the program while POSTNUKE continues to release something new all the time.

http://www.postnuke.com <-- and look at how pretty their website is

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed POSTNUKE (piece of cake). It has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. Very powerful, heaps of themes and addons.... but, I think it is too complex for the average end user to learn to make pages and update their own website.
    Oh well, back to the clunky one.