Hi,
I have a problem with my script, and I can't seem to fix it. So hopefully someone will help me
Right, the script is for my search engine which launches soon.
What it does, is when a user searches for something, I want to log it in a database of all search queries, so I know what people are searching for. So, if the keywords exists, it should add one to the popularity of that keyword, otherwise, if the keyword doesn't exist, it should add a new entry with the keyword, and set the popularity as one.
You see?? Quite simple really.

Ok, so the current code is:
Code:
<?php
// if the keyword exists

if ( isset($keyword) )  {

mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "");
mysql_select_db("eliter");

$result = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM keywords WHERE keyword='$keyword' "); 
$rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

if ( $rows == '0' ) {

mysql_query("INSERT INTO keywords SET keywords='$keyword', popularity='1' ");

echo("<font size=1 face=verdana color=c0c0c0>The new keyword has been added to the database</font>");

} else {

// find the popularity of the keyword

$selectpop = mysql_query("SELECT popularity FROM keywords WHERE keywords='$keyword' ");

while ( $details = mysql_fetch_array($selectpop) ) {

$popularity = $details["popularity"];

// new popularity = old popularity plus one

$newpopularity = $popularity + 1;

mysql_query("UPDATE keywords SET popularity='$newpopularity' WHERE keywords='$keyword' ");

echo ("
<font size=1 face=verdana color=c0c0c0>
The keyword $keyword has been adjusted.</font><br>
");

}

} 

} else {

echo ("
<font size=1 face=verdana color=c0c0c0>
There was an <b>error</b> adding the keyword into the database.</font>
");

} 

?>
The error I get is "Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:/PROGRAMMING/eliter/kwlog.php on line 11".

Before I added the part where it checks if the keyword exists, it worked fine, but now it doesn't..
Could someone please help?
Cheers.
-AJ