SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's funny! Just imagine yourself typing replies to SPForums from another room of your computer. Don't know how could we decode those replies!

My friend has wireless mouse+keyboard. But for the keyboard, I don't see much help.
    For the mouse, it might be more convenient.

Anyone using wireless keyboard for a specific purpose?
    - Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a wireless keyboard but I can't say its much help
    I still sit at my desk like I used to and type on it

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a wireless mouse which is really handy as it stops you getting tangles up - must remember to use rechargable batteries though.

I don't see any real point in a wireless keyboard as you don't need to move it around.

Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a wireless mouse which is really handy as it stops you getting tangles up - must remember to use rechargable batteries though.
    He screams as his mouse stops moving on the screen: "It's dead," he yells, "I killed it!"

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wireless Keyboards come in very handy when you have a machine like the Gateway Destination or other similar machine with a 35+ inch monitor. They are also very handy for WebTV, AOLTV and similar devices.

Imagine running your video through the TV out jack on your PC and being able to surf the web while kicked back in your recliner.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by W. Luke
    Wireless Keyboards come in very handy when you have a machine like the Gateway Destination or other similar machine with a 35+ inch monitor. They are also very handy for WebTV, AOLTV and similar devices.

Imagine running your video through the TV out jack on your PC and being able to surf the web while kicked back in your recliner.
    35 inch monitor? Wow!

Hey, I am able to surf the web from anywhere in my house! I just use my laptop and plug my (very long, I might add) phone cord into the nearest phone outlet and I'm all set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard (the kind everyone has with radio waves) has a range of 2 to 5 feet. It's only useful for close typing - you can't really go far and use it. It's great with the mouse since there is no cable to get tangled. I guess if you had an infrared model (which is bad overall, btw) it would work further away. (infrared is bad since you have to have line-of-sight where as with radio you can put the receiver and keyboard anywhere w/in range.) Radiation from my monitor actually cuts down on the range substantially. When I turn it off, the range increases. (the reciever is located right below the monitor... the cable is too short for it to reach anywhere else.)

The Gateway has a 35 inch TV and is not a computer monitor so it's more like a WebTV than anything else.

Owen

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wireless keyboards sure are nice, but are there some of them that have a little screen on them ? I mean, a little LCD screen so you can actually see what you're typing, while you're turning your back at the screen ?
    If there is not, you should be confident with your typing skills ...
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are actually keyboards that let you type away from your computer then plug it back in and transfer the text. They aren't wireless though, but more like a little (big) laptop.

But as I said, you can't really get enough range to move very far away from the computer.

Owen