SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing PHP On Win 2K

I just got the book "Build Your Own Database Driven Website".
    I seem to have installed MySQL succesfully...but see to be having a problem with PHP installation. I followed the instructions in the book and did the first page to test PHP... today.php. I get an error when I view the page... Anyone have any ideas as to what I did wrong.

Warning: Unknown(c:\inetpub\wwwroot\today.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\today.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in Unknown on line 0

Many thanks in advance!!!

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not too bothered about learning how to setup PHP and MySQl and are only interested in learning to write PHP scripts, then skip the install procedure and use a program called phpDev to do it for you.

You can download it at http://www.firepages.com.au/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried this didnt like it and am having a hell of a time killing it. So now I think I'm stuck with it I've tried three fresh Apache installs now and continue to get an "Unable to load dynamic link library C:"... missing some phpdev files AFTER I DELETED THEM ALL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tardi74
    I just got the book "Build Your Own Database Driven Website".
    Warning: Unknown(c:\inetpub\wwwroot\today.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\today.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in Unknown on line 0

Many thanks in advance!!!
    I just went thought the first two chapters of the book too, and had some stumbling blocks that sound a little the same as yours. Remember to check your permissions to the php directory and executables. Also the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP needs to be writable by the web user. The one that got me was that the GUEST account was disabled and ISUR_MACHINENAME was a member of the GUEST group. It was tough getting it going with IIs, MySql, PHP but with attention to detail it can be done. Good luck.

Jim
    AKA Nemo
    nemo656@optonline.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have installed PHP on IIS in Windows 2000 and 2000Server with no problems. Let me know how you are going and maybe I can help.
    Jim Durand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in your php.ini file, which will be located in your windows directory ex: C:\WINNT

open it up and look this line ; cgi.force_redirect = 1

if you see a 1 there change it a zero restart your machine and it should be up and running

i love php