SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The last war 2 years ago in Youguslavia was Europe's (and Russia's) duty and you came mixing in it which escelated the whole thing.
    Umm.....it wasn't our idea to jump into the fray in Yugoslavia. The decision was made by the UN, which the US is a member of. See, here is one of the huge problems I have. Since the US is the largest source of military power and provides the majority of money and military power for the UN, people think it's an offshoot of US policy. They think it's all our ideas to get involved in all of these conflicts. The US gets the same number of votes as everyone else (something I don't entirely agree with, but that's another topic for discussion), but yet they all see these actions of the UN as US objectives. Maybe the US should stay out of world affairs for a while and see what happens...oh wait, the last time we did that someone named Hitler got control of Germany and started another World War. Wouldn't want that now, would we??

While you live thousands of miles away from it and have trouble cpontrolling Maffia in your own country...
    Do you honestly think that the US is the only country with organized crime? Every "civilized" country has their own brand of criminal activity. The yakuza, the russian mob, the mafia, some dictatorial leaders....
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

********* Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the saga continues: statewide hand count in Florida?

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freesources
    People see the country 'America' as dumb. Not any particular person (except Bush ) and in some way the country 'America' (not you, not the dude next to you,...) is kind of dumb. You destroy the earth (DESTROY) with all those toxic things because it is cheaper that way. An american citizen throws away TWICE as much as a european one and I consider Europe more wealthy than America. Just because no stuff like that is regulated. That is dumb cause you destroy the planet. (also selfish) Why do you want to drive in huge wagons which need heavy engines who really use lots of fuel, while there are speed limitations every where and traffic jams in the bigger cities?? Why do 1 on 2 people need to carry around a gun? Let me laugh when yous ay it will protect you as most groups attack you with 5-6 peopel and you don't stand a chance against them... And now you're going to vote for a man who wants to make the army more powerfull, in a time there won't be any wars anymore. The last war 2 years ago in Youguslavia was Europe's (and Russia's) duty and you came mixing in it which escelated the whole thing. While you live thousands of miles away from it and have trouble cpontrolling Maffia in your own country...
    I think it would help if you learned more about America before you made baseless accusations. While in part some of what you said is based on fact it is not all fact and greatly exaggerated.

p.s. Our military is in Europe because we were asked to be there. I am sure that everyone of the men, women and children stationed over there would gladly come home if asked to.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DaveMaxwell
    Umm.....it wasn't our idea to jump into the fray in Yugoslavia. The decision was made by the UN, which the US is a member of.
    The U.N. did not make any such decision! The decision was made by the U.S. and NATO against the wishes of the U.N. or at least without their consent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well err, not all civilised countries have organised maffia like you have in the USA and Russia... I personally am not afraid to come on a street by night here, though I know there are problems, but people don't get shot here because they wear the wrong colour of shirt.

The only thing I see is what for a weird president you choose (well mayb Gore will get president after all but still 48%+ vote for Bush) and I see how people carry around guns, how kids shoot eachother in schools and I see how many depths the USA have. I also see how you educate your children very Jezus' like, and than put them guns in their hands to protect (read shoot) eachother... that's what I see. Of course I know there are some good things. IE the internet and stuff, but you can't only live from that.

And please don't get mad at me, but I only see what I see. And Belgian press is very OBJECTIVE as it is neutral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by W. Luke
    p.s. Our military is in Europe because we were asked to be there. I am sure that everyone of the men, women and children stationed over there would gladly come home if asked to.
    errr.. America still has to ask (Belgium) to practice in one of the biggest training grounds in Europe here in Belgium... You are only here because of you tayed here after WOII. And from what i've heard from Americans staying here, except the language they extremely like it here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Bush wins and gets his tax plan through congress, there will be an economic crisis. Unemployment will rise and the stock market will fall, becase increasing economic disparity increases economic instability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freesources
    Well ppl didn't know Hitler was like that before....
    I guess the fact that he basically spelled out his plans in Mein Kampf wasn't a clear enough signal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by LuZeR
    If Bush wins and gets his tax plan through congress, there will be an economic crisis. Unemployment will rise and the stock market will fall, becase increasing economic disparity increases economic instability.
    Mind if I quote you on that later? I'd certainly like to mark that one down.