SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted a root user

Hey everyone! I accidently deleted a mysql user when I was cleaning some stuff up on my Bluehost account. Went into databases to remove a user but it was the wrong one. Now when I try to go to the website or even the "admin" part, it get the error that I have included below. How can I fix this!? Thanks

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'boardtr1_Sour'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/DB.php on line 28 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Cannot connect to MySQL server at host "localhost" as "boardtr1_Sour":Access denied for user 'boardtr1_Sour'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' in /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/DB.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/DB.php(29): core\DB::connect() #1 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/DB.php(24): core\DB->connect() #2 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(293): core\DB->init() #3 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(268): core\WebApplication->createService() #4 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(278): core\WebApplication->get() #5 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(472): core\WebApplication->__get('DB') #6 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(463): core\WebApplication->isModuleEnabled() #7 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(254): core\WebApplication->isClassAllowed() #8 /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/WebApplication.php(168): core\WebApplication->getI in /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/DB.php on line 29

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Recreate the user maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added the exact name back with the password that the former developer was using for other file passwords but I dont know if it was the same or not. After I added it back, still got the same message.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    check the password used for the login in /home3/boardtr1/public_html/core/DB.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that worked! I was way far from the password that I thought it was. Didn't know I could retrieve it from there.

Nick

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also check the permissions that the user has for each database
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, i did that as well. Thanks. Looks like the same as before. What should it be generally set at??