SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello everyone, well ive been trying to learn about html forms and i totally dont get the cgi part. Can someone explain to me in a easy way how this works? Also, what is a cgi script and how do i know which one to use if i want to process information from my form?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Advanced Web Design: A Primer. Among other things, it'll explain CGI in plain language.

If you still have questions after reading this, post back!
    Kevin Yank
    CTO, sitepoint.com
    I wrote: Simply JavaScript | BYO PHP/MySQL | Tech Times | Editize
    Baby’s got back—a hard back, that is: The Ultimate CSS Reference

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big disappointment is that we have been talking about this issue for the past two/three weeks in "CGI sources" and i am astonished to find out that it has been pulled off from this "server side scripting and database development" as cgi sources.

I was asked to check out newspro and showsell which were not relevant to my cgi problem and when i came back everything has been pull off. And here we are starting all over again.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we want to start all over again. I found the response of Kevin to be really comprehensive and Mnazif question relative to html forms and CGI demand the following issues:

That the request(for a form or email) has to be written in html.

Then the script has to be written backed with the features such as content header, print statements and validation.

This depends as well on what your host server is offering.This has been my problem for the last few weeks and i will be back for more hints/information.