SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All comes down to how many friends / followers you have...

I find twitter is better for finding industry related followers but you can then convert them them to facebook likes. Like my martial arts instructor always says...why break one bone when you can break 3 - aim to get both, they do not need to be separate.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course Facebook, but twitter gives you genuine traffic with qualitative leads. 30% fake user and bellow 13 yrs also there in facebook. So which one is better 1000 visit = 00 leads and 100 visit = 2 leads?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get more traffic from Facebook. Why? It's more personal. Also, there are more areas to get traffic from: photo tags, wall, FB page, groups, and others. Twitter is pretty much a one trick retweet pony

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course Facebook. It has a "fan page" platform for whom has website or organization, etc to build and increase its brands, products, fans anything.
    But earlier twitter is allowing people to promote their tweet (by ads) which is need to pay. Its good option though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both social media sites are important for getting traffic. Basically, it depends on number of your friends and followers. If your friends and followers are more then many people can see your share post or tweet.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have often found that the levels of traffic you get through Facebook or Twitter depends entirely on what product/service your offering and whether your a B2B or a B2C business.

So if your a business to business service or offering a product that people don't wish to loudly promote to their 'Facebook' friends Twitter would give you better for traffic. Equally if you are a business that wishes to build a real community atmosphere with your customers then 'Facebook' will get you more traffic. After all customers are making a bigger commitment to receiving your company marketing and promoting you to their friends on Facebook than they are on Twitter.

All this been said if you manage to get the two accounts working together your traffic should improve on both accounts!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First one facebook and second is twitter..Am i right but now days both are useless!!
    Submit URL FREE at Free Web Directory 4 U
    and improve your website ranking on main search engines
    like Google, Yahoo, Bing for geting the top position.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From experience, a high amount of twitter followers, should result in better traffic than just Facebook clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both gives good traffic, it all depends on how you focus marketing your website into them.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thinks, At present Google+ is more powerful and easier way to get a good traffic for your site. but is you compare with Facebook and Twitter than obviously Facebook.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have facebook fan page with 20K fans than you can get more than 500 every day,, with the passage of time your fan page reputation increases/....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musa_Jutt View Post
    if you have facebook fan page with 20K fans than you can get more than 500 every day,, with the passage of time your fan page reputation increases/....

but it is not an easy task to manage 2k followers. and they must be with real ID. isn't it ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook can get you the most amount of traffic from Social Media, though I will say if you look for best organic traffic that you can get through Twitter and LinkedIN.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJohnson View Post
    Hello Friends,

I want to know that which one is more powerful to get more traffic Facebook or twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not easy to judge which one have more traffic. It is vary to industry to industry and What is your strenght on social media. How you represnting your self on facebook or twitter. what is your activity there. What is your target audience. Every thing have its own value.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsmitth View Post
    It is not easy to judge which one have more traffic. It is vary to industry to industry and What is your strenght on social media. How you represnting your self on facebook or twitter. what is your activity there. What is your target audience. Every thing have its own value.
    That is actually right. Facebook/Twitter may be just media , But everything depends on one's individual talent.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It de[pends on your audience network.In which social website you have more fans....as much as you have fan in FB or Twitter as much you can boost traffic to your site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its really tough to say.. Well if you take my personal opinion i would go for Twitter. It may be because my personal attraction is more towards it but i also have few facts which may lead you towards why twitter is more traffic generator than facebook.

1. Its easy to increase followers on twitter than facebook
    2. Twitter has character limits so people used to visit the link given in your post.
    3. you can increase visitors on your site by posting some useful content in your blog section and posting it to Twitter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Facebook drives more traffic. It is easy to find your friends on Facebook and continue with further discussions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried twitter, but I could not get a better result with that. I would tell Facebook is the best traffic for me, since I have around 550+ group discussion. Anytime I post a post to all FB group, I could get around 200 - 300 visitors. Thus, I recommend Facebook to you, however you should do the both.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My answer is neither, it depends how you monetize the audience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely facebook. We can use eye catching images/Phonographs to make a first impression, and most people interested in such images will visit our website too. In facebook, there are unlimited possibilities. Twitter will work only if you have large number of followers, that too highly relevant.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is very quickly becoming a spam fest with no real substance to the posts, so I'm closing it.