Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one give you more traffic ? Facebook or Twitter

Hello Friends,

I want to know that which one is more powerful to get more traffic Facebook or twitter.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently Facebook, but if we had the same number of fans on both platforms - Twitter wins by far.

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin,

I think it would depend on where your audience was more active however all things being equal, I have found that we tend to get far more visitors from Facebook than we do referrals from twitter. I can’t really say that is conclusive evidence that one drives traffic to a website better than another because we aren’t always posting the same things on the two networks and don’t always post links to our website on twitter.

Best,

Shawn

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook brings more Traffic, but Twitter works well when you have a Huge number of Followers.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is more popular social networking site. it has good traffic in comparison with twitter.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Jul 4, 2013 at 04:11. Reason: Fake signature deleted

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely facebook

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think Facebook drives more traffic. However, that doesn't guarantee you to have genuine followers of whatever business you're promoting.
    Both Facebook and Twitter help but without the appealing content of your site and the links being built, the traffic will eventually decrease. I would suggest you also have to adopt other white hat seo techniques, like link building, etc.

SitePoint Member Love to be neel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, from my side both sites are important. Face book & Twitter are the top social networking sites & I can't make difference between them. They both are useful & I am using both on regular base.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it depends on your content and the number of friends and followers you have, but facebook is more effective and can get more traffic even with a small number of friends.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Facebook will drive more traffic than twitter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that traffic is depending upon numbers of friend and the followers you have.
    But, i think Facebook gives more traffic compare with twitter.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you friends. I am getting good results from Facebook.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook only give more traffic compared to twitter.Because Facebook only have more visitors in a day.This is user friendly for Social media purposes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are best sites for traffic it is depends on how much followers or user like your post and comment. How much user did you turn to your facebook or twitter. So post informative, unique and quality content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe in Facebook any more. It's becoming confusing and useless.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philipjohn View Post
    I don't believe in Facebook any more. It's becoming confusing and useless.

Hey philipjohn.. If you are not believing in facebook then as per your view what is the best platform to promote business ?

SitePoint Member aaronwallace01's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kevin, you pointed out the very notorious point of using facebook and twitter for referral traffic. I would like to add few more lines in addition of your mentions here.

I have seen the growth of referral traffic from facebook than twitter due to vast functionality and features of facebook that allow user's to spend more time on facebook than twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by smanaher View Post
    Kevin,

I think it would depend on where your audience was more active however all things being equal, I have found that we tend to get far more visitors from Facebook than we do referrals from twitter. I can’t really say that is conclusive evidence that one drives traffic to a website better than another because we aren’t always posting the same things on the two networks and don’t always post links to our website on twitter.

Best,

Shawn

SitePoint Member aaronwallace01's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alifcool, what kind of content are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by alifcool View Post
    Today, facebook gives more traffic but i think twitter is also good for getting traffic. but for this, you should submit strong content on facebook and twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content means what you have posted on facebook or twitter about your website. If you create facebook and twitter page for a website, there will be some information about your website in that page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure anyone can give you correct answer to this question, it depends on number of fun, do you add the same content to both platform or not, when you add fresh post. You can easy check it in Google Analytics, build code and ofter track your post, you will see which platform is better.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    facebook gives a more traffic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess both.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monitor the amount of time spent at any of the social sites. Make sure to stay social and visible all over the internet. It’s easy to get comfortable in one place and neglect other areas that may generate more targeted readers. Increase twitter following if that segment responds better to you. Favor Facebook if that audience seems to visit your blog more. Use analytics or your hosting tool to measure the traffic. This will focus efforts and direct the use of your promotional time. Be smart with that time. Hang out in spots that give value and visits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that Facebook is number 1, so it's the site that gives more traffic than Twitter.
    But, if you have more followers on Twitter (people on the same niche) you can create huge traffic to your site than a fan page/group on Facebook.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FaceBook no doubt. Twitter is next in line. You can share text, images and videos in FB as well as chatting with friends. That's its strengths. Twitter is a microblogging site that serves only tweets. Now is this obvious to you?