SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FireWorks vs Corel

Hello, a while ago I used Corel.
    It seemed grandiose this product, but since I knew FireWorks my life it has changed.

::: FireWorks vs Corel :::

Do you believe that FireWorks is superior to Corel?
    Or Corel is better with the years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apples vs. Oranges

Why are so many people intent on making such awkward comparisons?
    If you want to compare two pieces of software, visit the websites of each. If you're still confused about which one is right for you, give us some context for what you want to achieve. What do you need out of your ideal program? Then we can better assess and direct you.

Fireworks is a single standalone application great for Web graphics, that's what it's designed for. (yes, it also comes as a part of Macromedia Studio).

Corel produces a suite of graphics utilities that cover a diverse range of solution areas, primarily print graphics, but support formats that are appropriate for the web as well. Each product within corel has specific design functions as well. CorelDraw is the Illustration package, similar to Illustrator (albeit a little more difficult to use at first).

It's not a question of years, but a question of which tool for the job at hand. If you need optimized web graphics, Fireworks is the way to go.

If you need to design an illustration that will be part of print project, Corel. It's got a fairly decent 3D Package, CorelDraw for Illustration, and Photo-Paint for manipulating photos, Ventura for Page Layout, Font Manager, Database tools, Calibration utilities.

Plain and simple, they're as different as apples and oranges. They're both fruit (programs), with different flavors and style (interface). They each have their own taste (purpose). So, find out what you're hungry for, and I'll see if I can help you from there.

Your software grocer,
    Michael Wisniach
    3rd Cherry Designs

P.S. Sometimes I wonder if some of you just aren't out to start a software war.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, single was a comparison!
    Augusto Castañeda
    Manager Marketing Online
    El Sitio Maestro Community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)