SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haveing big problem getting my panoramic view to display on the site. They are .mov files and as I undertstand they make use of Quick time VR, but this plug-in is not a standard windows plug-in and requires you to go to the quick time (Apple Site). The only problem is that it is a big file and takes long to download.

Is there a more user friendly way for the browser to view a quick time .mov file or is there a smaller plug-in or a plug-in less option.

I know that ipIX also provide a panoramic view solution, but you need to buy a key each time you want to put a panoramic view up.

Thanx

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~triponl~ Photovista is a program that creates 360' web panoramas that I plan to download the trial but haven't had the chance yet!. I liked this program as you don't need plug-ins, it is only $50 and would work well on photographer's sites as this is becoming a popular feature.

You may want to check this one out as another option for panorama on the web:

"MGI - Web Tools - Photovista" - Site visitors can interact with high-resolution, low bandwidth, panorama files -- in real time and without a plug-in!
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like an ideal program, especially as you do not need a plugin which is the main reason I never view any 3D pages. Please let us know how you get on in terms of is it good value for money, and is it a high learnign curve or quite easy to get the hang of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put me to work, uh ~ ~ Have really, really been meaning to download this to see if you can add a panorama easy & fast AND it will actually work! I have used other MGI programs in the past and they have been easy to use & learn. Let's see how this one works out!
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following-up on the PhotoVista program ~ If this works as well online as it does to create the panorama, this will be one great little program to have ~

Just downloaded the 60 day trial PhotoVista panorama program ~ 6+MB ~ took awhile on my 26.4k connection ~ But once done it is a very, very easy program to master. You select the lens/digital camera that you will be using for the images and PhotoVista will tell you how many images that you will need for the panorama. It is practically a one-click creation ~ You load the images from one file, create the panorama in another and it is done!

The images have to be the same size and I don't have them handy, but once I do I will create a panorama and see how easy it is to view via my website...if someone doesn't do it first!

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Webkat - I look forward to seeing it!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might poke around http://www.JavaPowered.com and such sites. Panner applets aren't all that uncommon.