SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not able to find out why this page |> http://www.mywayside.com/specials.html
    do not display like it supposed to in NS (or at least like it do in IE).

I have been trying few hours to figure out what the problem could be. I even have been using different script, building different page. It always working, in IE and NS except on this page. Of course this is always the finished page that doesn't want to work!

NS is saying that there is an error with the layer properties, but i'm far from being aware of the little trick concerning cross browser compatibility ( i just begin to play with javascript and DHTML)

Does anyboday have an idea?
    Thank you very much for your help.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, i found out. It sound that Mixing % and px for the size of the table was somehow messing up with the layer properties in NS.

Thanks.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Netscape goes completely whacko if you mix percentages and pixels in table dimensioning (or anything else).

You also need to take care that all of the dimensioning of the table adds up properly, or NS gets a case of layout flatulence.

For instance, if you have three cells in a table and assign width dimensions to each, they all have to add up to the total width of the table.

You can, of course, use pixels in dimensioning one table, whilst using percentages to dimension another; including cases where tables are nested.