SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally do not have much experience with Shockwave Director. Recently I'm required to handle Director files for a client. The project requirement is to put a Shockwave presentation which is currently on CD-ROM unto the web. I have encountered two problems.

The first problem is, I cannot get the external embedded AVI files (hope you know what I mean) to play. The MIME types for for Director files and AVI files are set up properly.

Second problem is, I get an error saying "Unable to open file "http://blahblah/something.dir". Problem is, I do have a file named "something.dxr".

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duckie,

Do you have a URL so that we can have a look at the problem? It might help us pinpoint the prob

On the first problem, lemme consult my books and get back to you... On the second, it might be something to do with server paths, which is why I asked for the URL.
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the attempt to help BC . Unfortunately I cannot provide a URL now.

We think we might have found the root of the problem but will have to wait till we get the source files before we can try solving it. Sorry I can't be more specific with my problem.

If you can come up with a couple ideas on why the AVI can't play we'll be really grateful. Thanks again!