SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Procrastination

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok its the last week of the quarter. I have to do a report that is due Tuesday (7th), and journals from "The Catcher In The Rye" due Wednesday/Thursday. I also have a multimedia project due Wednesday. Not to mention I'll have a quiz in Spanish and Math. Can't forget something in Chemistry too.

I seem overwhelmed and I am.

I was curious to wether you guys have any proscrasination or cramming stories that you wouldn't mind sharing.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com
    "Prepare yourself, it's da human beatbox"

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any free periods in school?
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a fascination,
    With procrastination,
    An interest with delay,
    I always put off 'til tomorrow,
    The things I should do today.

(I meant to write that ditty ages ago - but never got round to it )
    Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a big-time procrastinator. I've been out of school almost 13 years now, but when I studied Computer Science in college, my first trip to the lab was always the day a program was due. I aced all of my programming projects, but procrastination killed me on tests. I would make straight A's on the programs and straight C's on the tests.

I once coded for three hours before compiling the silly thing, and I had no typos. It ran the first time.

Procrastination is not a good thing. I don't recommend it.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to post in here earlier but had to put it off for one reason or another.. I mean tomorrow is another day right? Well maybe I'll do it on Friday since I'll be able to relax in the evening.

Anyway, Procrastination is the bane of human existance.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Procrastination is my middle name. Not only has it taken almost a year to get my one company off the ground, but I always study for tests the night before (at least I still get A's)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Peter Hibbit
    I have a fascination,
    With procrastination,
    An interest with delay,
    The things I should do today.

(I meant to write that ditty ages ago - but never got round to it )
    How about this...

I have a fascination,
    With procrastination,
    An interest with delay,
    The things I should do...aw heck, I'll finish this tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanna talk about procrastionation? AtBookmarks has been under development for at least a month and a half, but MyCoding's concept started over half a year ago! I worked on it for a month or two, stopped for around 4 months, and picked it up again a couple weeks ago.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer your version Chris!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also procrastinate a lot. Tomorrow I have a response jounral about the book "the wars", which has to be about 1200 words. I have yet to finish the book.

[Edited by W. Luke on 11-06-2000 at 04:43 PM]

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My girlfriend is currently upstairs writing a textual analysis on some German new wave film - that has to be in tomorrow - lots of studying going on!

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to procrastinate quite a lot, but I have trained myself to be efficient now and I am much more productive. I need to be really as I have a full-time job, I teach part-time 2/3 nights a week, and I do freelance web development/training on the side .

I found that it helps me to keep a tidy office, and up to date diary, and to write a to do list at the start of every day!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would probably procrastinate...if I could. But I can't. You see...I get so much work at school that I am constantly doing major projects the night before they are done. I don't wait until the last minute because I am playing games - I am almost constantly working on projects etc.

During the odd event that I have free time, I read computer magazines, work on my site, and post on SP. Most of this is during the weekend, however.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well lets see here...its 8:12PM right now. I still have to do that report - which I am LOST on. It sucks. Then I have to do Journals. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Procrastination means never having to say your sorry.

You wanna talk about procrastination (and bad luck) - last week we had to do an oral book report - the book report was on tuesday. On monday, we drew numbers out of a hat to see when we were gonna present, and I drew a 1. When I realized just what this was for, I also realized that I had not even choosen a book (nor have I read a book in over a year). So I told my english teacher. She said that I probably would fail if I didn't do this (because of ... lol ... some other missing homework). So, I decided that I would do my book report on a book entitled "The End Of Homework" (but I couldn't get a copy...so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail). So, tuesday came around, and all I did was sit in the front row on the floor and laugh at my friend who "read" harry potter.

::sigh:: Good times.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am a Queen of Procrastination, although I have gotten a little better with age and experience. I used to be the person you saw running thru the rain to the post office at 11:30 pm the night that taxes were due (yes, I actually did this once). Now I usually file a few days early.

My most memorable procrastination story (I think I have permanently blocked a few from memory) was from college, about 10 years ago. I had put off typing a project or paper to the last minute (of course) and was in the school computer lab yelling at the computer. Although WordPerfect and stuff were out then, the school was on some horrid old software that kept messing up my paper (at least, that's what I maintain). My boyfriend of the time was with me and trying to calm me down, but also kept going in and out of the lab about every 15 minutes. At any rate, something like an hour and a half later than I originally told him I thought I'd be done, I finally was. So we walk back to my room - to a surprise party he'd organized for me. Thanks goodness for patient friends! Still, it's embarassing to be an hour and a half late to your own party.

The moral of the story - don't procrastinate or you won't get any cake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a research paper due in my english class and instead of writing a paragraph a night over two weeks I had procrastinated till today my one day off of school due to election day to get it done... I'm almost done but I have a lot of stuff to do... I'm still procrastinating because I'm online when I should be working on the paper.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys get election day off school?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sure do get election day off from school. I'm glad... I couldn't have done my paper otherwise. I'm finally done... I hope I make enough just to pass this class and pass teh 11th grade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what I ALWAYS do a whole book report the day before its due. But I ALWAYS finish. An almost ALWAYS get an A.

English is too much busy work, I'd write a whole novel just so i dont have to hear the teacher's monotone voice. It sounds like she has no emotions whatsoever
    Ace Nova
    Football Man
    InternetSprite.Com - Coming Soon!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my teachers asked me if I wanted to join a "procrastinator's club" just for jest. Our plan is to announce in the daily morning announcement time that there will be a club meeting the next day. Then on that day say it has been delayed, until next week because we're too busy. We're curious how many people will catch the irony. What do you guys think?

Nova Ace Said:

English is too much busy work, I'd write a whole novel just so i dont have to hear the teacher's monotone voice. It sounds like she has no emotions whatsoever
    I procrastinate a lot. But usually not in reading assingments of books. This year so far, the two books we've had to read I enjoyed mostly. The first one I didn't realize how little time we did and read a lot the last few days then gave an oral response. The second one we're still reading. My lit circle decided that we should have been on page 44 a week ago, at that time I was on page 100+. The last lit. circle we had we agreed to be where I was, I am now finished with the book. I suggest you just pick more interesting books to read...that usually makes a difference.

Richard

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I posted this on Monday morning? Well I didn't do it at all Monday night and didn't hand it in yesterday, I stayed in the guidance office...then I got home, watched the movie and got REALLY tired, and then well my parents told me to go to bed. This morning my mom woke me up I said I can't, I got projects to do and my report to do among them.

This is procrastination.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com