SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make a site integrated with a php in template

hello. I am a total newbie to php but have an advanced background in html. I want to make a small site just to test out php.

My target is to make my site which i can have a template ready in html and all i have to do is to put the content in.
    what i mean was, i wan my site design and layout to be consistent throughout the site. But if the site is getting bigger, I will have problems if i suddenly wan to add an extra link in my navigation menu if i do ALL the pages in html rite?

so what i wan is a readily made template (which i already have in html, a design with gifs and tables layout nicely but is empty in terms of text content) and put it into php. I tried to search for info but all of them lead me to PHPLib and etc.. which is not wat i wan....

how can i just convert all my html files into php and at the same time the content can be changed easily.. i mean the content separated with the design/layout of the site.

Please do not suggest phpnuke cos its already a finished one rite? I want to learn from the start with my own design instead.
    If i were to do wat i mentioned in the start, do i have to make tables in MySql database? if yes, what for?

Er, in terms of php and stuff, my host has indeed php support and sqldatabase..they are also running on linux servers.
    I have 2 sites made using php nuke and phpBB. but they are readily made by the owner of course.
    please advice.. thanks.

**if my explaination of what i want confuses u, please do not hesitate to message me immediately as English is my second language** thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

The subject you are referring to is the power of modularity.

You can create pages, that use modular components.

It is too involved for me to post a step by step guide on how to create your pages. For more information investigate the " include()" function in the PHP manual at http://www.php.net

All the best with your coding.
    Richard - richard@wayhawke.com
    Wayhawke Ltd. - High Quality web hosting
    http://www.wayhawke.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waisign!! if ur still there ? did u manage?
    How did u do it? Anyone?

please help

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not your language but your intention.
    If you are completely new to PHP it's quite better starting seeing the basis that looking for templates.