User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver assets

briefly .. first time to write here .
    i want to ask a simple question ...
    nearly all of us use Dreamweaver as his favorite design program ..
    it could act as just a design program ... & also it could give the designer a very good assets to help him ( Example .. Templates )
    i don't know what other assets is there in dreamweaver ... i just want to have the maximum power from it ...

thanks in advance .

i don't know if this is the right forum to write in ... so if not u can move it to another one as you (moderators) wish )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Dreamweaver Assets:

Dreamweaver Extensions can save time and effort. Be warned though, 50%+ of them aren't built nicely and won't work cross broswer

Auto Complete is always cool.

The built in interactivity with Fireworks is a real time saver.

You can modify your default files content. For example we have a strict doctype in the head the is automatically inserted instead of the transitional one.

You could use it to write server side language functions if your not familiar with them.

It can validate code.

Dreamweaver Templates are nice... kinda...

A built in FTP and local file manager is nice for quick uploads while your working.

All of their different panel groups can be useful if you take the time to learn them. Especially assets. It makes finding and inserting all your images from different locations easier instead of trying to remember where you put them.

The Tag Inspector Panel rocks, much faster than searching through your code to change a attribute value.

I think I'm gonna stop now or the hand coders might start lynching me. That's a good list of nice assets right here. Try checking out: http://www.dmxzone.com for other Dreamweaver related resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely like the auto complete... definitely saves a lot of time as I prefer to hand code...

Another feature i've noticed, and have yet to tried, is the snippets panel. Looks like you can save snippets and easily insert them. If this is the case, I will quickly start using it as right now I open previous files and copy/paste... hehe
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Enthusiast Cinders117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can do that with the Sniplets. I've found them to be pretty usefully...I had the same code going into a lot of pages and so I just made some sniplets and instead of opening another page and finding/copying you just have to hit insert. Quite helpful! That and the CSS are the only ones I use often. The site checker is also helpful for finding broken links!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe well then.. looks like I will soon be looking into the snippets panel some more!
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ...
    i'm really so grateful for your words .. really u showed me some little points that everyone of us needs . sure the others got benefits from this ... thanks again .