Results 1 to 2 of 2
Jun 22, 2013, 07:48 #1
Wordpress Subscription Plugin Recommendations Sought
I'm seeking recommendations for a Wordpress email subscriptions plugin.
In this particular situation, the variation in support for RSS has thrown up problems for a significant number of users and the owner wishes to add a simple email signup for subs. The site has three main categories and, in addition to a global subscription, it must be possible to sign up to each of these individually.
- Self-contained in Wordpress. No 3rd party service needed.
- Multiple category signup function providing either:
1. Individual sign-up forms for a number of categories, and individual unsubscribe functions for each.
2. Single form with choice of signing up to a number of categories, and to be able to alter this preference afterwards.
- Subscribers to multiple categories will not receive duplicates of posts assigned to two or more of those categpries.
- Admin option to send full posts or excerpts.
- Admin option to send post-by-post or digest.
- Admin option to send plain text or HTML.
- Simple unsubscription.
- User option for post-by-post or digest.
- User option for full post or excerpt.
Jun 23, 2013, 10:24 #2
The sound of a pin dropping drowned out by a penny...
I've found no plugin that'll do this out of the tin. Some people have paid for Subscribe2 to be modded, and if anyone else wants to take this route there's a chap in St Petersburg who knows what to do.
As a mod may need frequent updating I've decided against it. Also, to allow subscribers to choose categories Subscribe2 requires they be made Registered Users who will have Admin panel access, which looks clumsy and ugly.
It looks like Mailpress comes closest. No selecting categories of while signing up, but the confirmation/verification process leads neatly into a simple subscription management page on the site for the user to choose categories. The roles options for managing Mailpress provide fine-grained control over who can do what. It's a well thought out bit of work. Now to give it a proper test.