SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping to find a way to load a music file that will continue to play when moving from page to page without interuption, only ending when the site has been left. I've only seen where the music resets every new page.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that comes to mind if to have a wave file open on the user's computer when they visit the site - the music needs to be coming from somewhere...if not from any one page, then from Windows Media Player, or something like that.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about placing the code for the music inside a frame? I haven't tried this myself, but it should work.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aidan Bahta has the right approach...

Put the tunes in a static frame. I've done it, and it works fine.

If need be, you can make the the frame carrying the musical material 0 pixels high, so it doesn't otherwise intrude on your design.

Another neat trick is to make the frame carrying the calls for the music, say, ten or a dozen pixels high -- and then include a small link button that calls an empty page; effectively shutting off the music. The empty page can then link back to the page containing the music, to turn it back on again.

Many visitors appreciate the option to turn off the sound in this way.