User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search engine script

Hi,

I currently have a good domain name for a search engine, and even though it is planned to be self developed in the long term, I want to utilize this nam now so I can start experimenting with having a seach engine

What I need is a script which is a complete search engine. The site doesn't have anything now, so it doesn't need to be a site-search engine.
    I just want to be the second Google

I looked at SmartSearch which seems very good to handle this job, but I am not sure if it can use it for non-paid results. I would like to have the following displaying order on the result page: Paid-user submitted-the rest(mostly other search engine's).
    I don't know if it is possible for SmartSearch to have user submitted links in the engine, and this is something which is required.

Also, SmartSearch doesn't seem to get results from Google directly, and I don't know for sure which Google partners are included to get that results as well. It seems for now that it is not possible to have Google results displayed underneath the user-submitted ones.

I am also fond of how Google shows PPC links (in the the on the right side), and if am not sure if SmartSearch supports this as well.

To conclude, I would really like it if you can help me finding the answers to the above conclusions. Also, if you know a scripts which offers it all, you are very much welcome to post

I don't mind paying for such a scripts though, the programmers deserve to get paid

Thank you,

Jacco

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, did I place this in the right section of SPF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure what the google policy is on scraping its pages, but i know dmoz is ok with it.

check out
    signlink.biondosmith.com/learningsignlanguage/opendir.php

you can get the script as part of a nuke installation

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im currently designing a script like this, however not for just ppc links.

I am currently working on it but it will take a few more months untill its ready for sale.

I would post the url but it has adult sites on it, hit me up onICQ: 1974247

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <<
    I just want to be the second Google [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    >>

Good luck, I heard Google uses like 10,000 PC's all running a customized version of Linux.
    J. Paul Schmidt
    www.Bullschmidt.com - Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com/DevTip.asp - Classic ASP Design Tips

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullschmidt
    <<
    I just want to be the second Google images/smilies/wink.gif
    >>

Good luck, I heard Google uses like 10,000 PC's all running a customized version of Linux.
    Yeah, I know Shall I just register littlegoogle.com and put it on a shared cluter account, that way I can say that the site runs at at least 5 servers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plugintools - have you found anything? I am looking for smth like this too for my new Albanian Search Engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google uses 10, 000 PCs? wow.. I want 10 PCs. lol

I remember when google started getting really popular... they never had any income (like their sponsored listings/adwords/etc.) so how exactly did they start off and get to be soo big with no income (through the site)
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Through raising capital, i assume. Investment companies throw money at IT companies if they are unique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plugintools
    Hi,

I looked at SmartSearch which seems very good to handle this job, but I am not sure if it can use it for non-paid results. I would like to have the following displaying order on the result page: Paid-user submitted-the rest(mostly other search engine's).
    I don't know if it is possible for SmartSearch to have user submitted links in the engine, and this is something which is required.
    Jacco
    Smartsearch allows you to use own results, revenuepilot, searchfeed, dmoz and msn results in any order and you can also get XML feeds from other distributions (such as ah-ha) and include their results.

Users can sumbit their sites as "free listings" aswell (i think).

It is a great script for the price.