SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Reputations

Is there a way to OPT out of this system? The Rep system (as neat an idea as it is), doesn't serve a function really. People can (ab)use it to send spiteful messages all while being smug at the fact that they can hide cowardly behind a system that doesn't show their names.

You ask me, PM's can do the same thing; at least then they'll have the [radio edit]s to talk one-on-one with the person they want to praise or have a concern with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got moved to feedback?! I just wanna know if I can opt out of the rep system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh - yeah the thread feels more at home here, and more likely to be noticed by the admins

But, nope at this stage there isn't an option to turn it off completly, you can disable your "rep" being viewable to the public however. (comments aren't ever viewable to the public).

If you're having a problem with a specific user slandering you in the comments, I suggest you contact an admin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would I know what user it is?! I can't tell in the feedback

THE SYSTEM FAILED ME! lol.

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tell an admin what feedback it was (your feedback will list the post and date) and they can tell who the person leaving the feedback was and if action is warranted.

And as Platinum stated - other's cannot see the comment - only your general rating (which can be turned off).
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me set this straight - the reputation system is mainly for your own use. It's meant as a means of getting feedback on your posts, so that you can improve in the future. It's not a user rating system. You have to actively choose to view your rep score in public.

If you recieve plain insults through the rep system, report the date and feedback to an admin, and it will be dealt with, since it is an abuse of the system.

On the other hand, if you, in general, have a serious problem with a lot of negative feedback, maybe you should re-evaluate your way of posting.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com